Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 106706 times)

egamma

Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #345: July 21, 2012, 08:21:16 PM »
But who would want to eat that?  Hunting deer or boar would be a different story.

Who says the monsters aren't wolves, bears, or boars?

Starving people will eat shoe leather, you think they'll turn down actual meat?

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: July 22, 2012, 05:03:51 AM »
I am fairly certain they are not bears, wolves, or boars.  Are there not descriptions of the monsters in the game?  But I suppose you are right about real meat. 

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: July 22, 2012, 05:05:15 AM »
Are there not descriptions of the monsters in the game?
No. And that is intentional.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: July 25, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »
For a lack of a better place to ask, can a dev give some numbers on Dwilight for food? When the food rebalance started we were at 275k bushels total stored I believe, so I would be curious to hear what its at now.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #349: July 25, 2012, 11:37:15 PM »
For a lack of a better place to ask, can a dev give some numbers on Dwilight for food? When the food rebalance started we were at 275k bushels total stored I believe, so I would be curious to hear what its at now.

63k stored, avg. per region just over 250 bushels.

And that's at the end of winter.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #350: July 25, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »
Just a suggestion. Take out the outliers in Morek, including a region that I know has probably at least 2500 bushels, if not more.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: July 26, 2012, 12:04:01 AM »
Just a suggestion. Take out the outliers in Morek, including a region that I know has probably at least 2500 bushels, if not more.
What might be simpler to do so he doesn't have to figure out which ones are outliers, is just remove the realm of Morek from the numbers, and see what the average per region is. Also, thanks for the relatively quick reply Tom.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: July 26, 2012, 01:45:04 AM »
Can't you just go and take Moreks food? Wars are fun?

egamma

« Reply #353: July 26, 2012, 04:17:15 AM »
Can't you just go and take Moreks food? Wars are fun?

1. Look at Morek's army, easier said than done
2. What makes you think you can just take the food? They could simply sell it from region to region, while their army smashes you.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #354: July 26, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »

No one can have enough food to very much change the average on Dwilight, with its 248 regions. If I leave out all regions with 2000 or more food stored, the average is still over 200 bushels per region.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #355: July 26, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
No one can have enough food to very much change the average on Dwilight, with its 248 regions. If I leave out all regions with 2000 or more food stored, the average is still over 200 bushels per region.

Try leaving out the rogues (which shouldn't be included in the first place), comparing consumption with production and food supply for entire realms.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #356: July 26, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »
Try leaving out the rogues (which shouldn't be included in the first place), comparing consumption with production and food supply for entire realms.

Rogue region we just took had a whole 8 Bushels. Don't think they are inflating things too much.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #357: July 26, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »

I'm sorry, but reality doesn't change just because you want it to. :-)

Without rogues, the average per region is even higher, at around 230 bushels. If I drop the limit further to exclude regions that have large food stores, it doesn't change all that much.

Whatever is causing people to go all crazy about food, it isn't that food is really that scarce.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: July 26, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
it would probably be more interesting to know how you get the average of 230. and what 230 bushels mean. are there somewhere with a ton of food? i know there are quite a few places with starvation.

eg
nebel, a townsland has 220 bushels.. which is allegedly around 10 days' worth for 12.8k pop. so.. even if it were to sell 100 bushels to a 30k pop city.. that'll only last 2 days max

---
wtf does "Winter will end in 0 days." mean? XD
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #359: July 26, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »
Hm, winter should've really ended by now.

And 230 avg. means just that. It's a statistical number. Sure there are regions with starvation. If I exclude them, the avg. jumps to almost 300.