Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 106516 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #360: July 26, 2012, 02:37:28 PM »
i mean.. i know what statistical average means.

but what would be more interesting to know is how many realms are food rich but not selling externally - for good reasons.. and how many have big reserves but not selling internally

take example of nebel again... cities are starving, yet there isn't any point in selling when you might end up starving too after you sell. which doesn't help anyone.
firefox

egamma

« Reply #361: July 27, 2012, 12:00:34 AM »
I think there are food-rich realms, and food-poor realms. It would be nice if the island stats listed the food stores of each realm. We list the military strength, why not the amount of food each realm has stored?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #362: August 02, 2012, 07:07:46 AM »
can you loot stuff from warehouse? (not specifically targeting it.. just not excluding it when looting)
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #363: August 02, 2012, 08:33:40 AM »
I think there are food-rich realms, and food-poor realms. It would be nice if the island stats listed the food stores of each realm. We list the military strength, why not the amount of food each realm has stored?

We list food production in the statistics, twice even, total and supply.

egamma

« Reply #364: August 02, 2012, 08:14:32 PM »
We list food production in the statistics, twice even, total and supply.

Production, yes; storage, not at all. A realm could have massive production, yet constantly sell the food; another realm could have a very small surplus, but horde it forever and buy food from their neighbors and have a massive stockpile. Aurvandil, Morek, and Iashalur all have stockpiles, but there's no way for my character can find that out.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #365: August 02, 2012, 08:16:27 PM »
Production, yes; storage, not at all. A realm could have massive production, yet constantly sell the food; another realm could have a very small surplus, but horde it forever and buy food from their neighbors and have a massive stockpile. Aurvandil, Morek, and Iashalur all have stockpiles, but there's no way for my character can find that out.

Yes, and I believe this is more or less intentional.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #366: August 02, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »
Yes, and I believe this is more or less intentional.

Yes, it is. Some information shouldn't be easily available. That's the problem with the whole statistics thing. While it is very enjoyable, it also removes some of the mystery and secrecy. Stuff you should find out through IG means.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #367: August 03, 2012, 01:13:16 AM »

Oh hey ruler person, lets publish our stored food information so all those starving realms can EASILY see which realm to go to war with to alleviate their problems. There are PLENTY of ways for our characters to find out this info, but it takes time. When Arcaea was arguing that the Dark Isle had broken their treaty obligation to sell surplus food, the damn northern barbarians claimed they had none, so you know what we sent infiltrators and traders to go peak into their warehouses to find out the truth.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

egamma

« Reply #368: August 03, 2012, 05:03:07 AM »
Oh hey ruler person, lets publish our stored food information so all those starving realms can EASILY see which realm to go to war with to alleviate their problems. There are PLENTY of ways for our characters to find out this info, but it takes time. When Arcaea was arguing that the Dark Isle had broken their treaty obligation to sell surplus food, the damn northern barbarians claimed they had none, so you know what we sent infiltrators and traders to go peak into their warehouses to find out the truth.

And one of my traders swears up and down that he can't find the screen that shows how much food the region he is in has. Where is that?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #369: August 03, 2012, 05:45:07 AM »
And one of my traders swears up and down that he can't find the screen that shows how much food the region he is in has. Where is that?

Unless the food is on the market, you need a infil to scout the warehouses.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #370: August 03, 2012, 05:49:50 AM »
Thus, traders for the market, infils for the granaries. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #371: August 05, 2012, 02:43:33 AM »
Traders have the ability to chat with local merchants, perhaps part of that is finding out if that region or the directly surrounding regions has a surplus. (my char is travelling right now so I'm not going to click on it to see what it does)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #372: August 05, 2012, 10:08:17 AM »
That's a good idea. Care to write it up as a full feature request? Something like "trader chat should reveal surplus/deficit of region" ?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #373: August 05, 2012, 06:34:23 PM »
you mean the figure shown in the daily report? (ie... including troops consumption) or the one the banker sees/shown in command? or the stuff in granaries as well?

trader chat atm... just lets you find out if there are marketplaces (1 region radius)
firefox

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #374: August 06, 2012, 05:00:56 AM »
That's a good idea. Care to write it up as a full feature request? Something like "trader chat should reveal surplus/deficit of region" ?

done:
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2954.0.html