Author Topic: Things that make you go Huh?  (Read 6188 times)

roland.walters@abbott.com

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Things that make you go Huh?
« Reply #15: January 27, 2012, 08:16:23 PM »
But it could be made a source of fun.  Players could attempt to escape.  Others could search for them using police actions.  The infiltrator could make demands for ransom.  The opportunities for roleplay are numerous.  Instead of sitting in the dark of a prison cell with no communicaiton, allow some actions.  Attempts to bride your guards to let you excape.  Attempts to bribe someone to take a message to those searching for you that you have been moved closer to the prison.  The closer to prison, the greater the risk. 

This I would greatly prefer rather than sitting in a cell with nothing to do.  Once the prison is reached a quick judgement as to what is to be done with the prisoner: Held for ransom, traded for other prisoners, etc. 

This might be too much to consider as I am not fluent with coding and being taken prisoner is not a frequent event.  But the same though process applies to knights.  They need more things that they can do to keep the newer players involved.  The game is complex and it takes time to appreciate its nuances.  There needs to be more for the newer player to do to keep them involved.  But I have strayed from the purpose of this thread. 

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #16: January 27, 2012, 09:14:53 PM »
None of the arguments put forth convince me. We've had instant transport to and from prison for ... I don't know, when was prison added? 10 years ago? 9? It's never caused any actual problems, and if you absolutely can't accept it, simply assume that you're not sent to the enemy capital, but into some basement in wherever you currently are.

One thing I do know is that I won't change the code over this.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #17: January 28, 2012, 01:07:03 AM »
I once had a character teleport while in prison. It was lols.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 28, 2012, 09:10:36 AM »
Dunno if it's worth the trouble, or if it truly solves the problem, but you could make it so if you fail to stab a foreign enemy noble (your realm is at war with it) in your own realm instead of being captured you get justice delivered directly by the injured party, taking a /very/ severe beating that leaves you almost dead (critically wounded). If you want you can even have it kill you should you be banned from the other realm.

The problem is that it adds unnecessary complexity with the special rules. I hardly think it can be exploited, since if you fail you get out of service for a good time.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 28, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
Attempts to bride your guards to let you excape.

Yikes. I hope the guards are good-looking, at least.