Author Topic: One Post Short Stories  (Read 4487 times)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: One Post Short Stories
« Topic Start: April 17, 2011, 05:09:54 PM »
Agony strikes Moria as she wakes from a deep slumber, utterly confused she considers the noise about her. The heavy daze begins to wane as she hears wagons and siege engines creek and tents ripple in the wind. Opening her eyes, the bright sun illuminates the scene clearly. Her tent, pitched just outside the city of Skalk.

Attempting to sit up a violent cough grips her, and as she pulls her hand away, she sees the splotches of blood now speckling it. Cautiously she raises a hand to her shoulder to feel the wide bandage now resting there, and the images of that battle come flooding back. Well, one image that is, the volley of arrows sweeping into her ranks of infantry. Moving her hand down to the left, her other wound gives a sharp twinge. Surrounded by enemy troops, one soldier had leveled a solid sword blow puncturing her armor and grazing her side. Two battles, two days, two wounds. Moria takes in a deep breath before exhaling in considerable pain. She coughs again.

"My lady! I am so very glad to see that you're awake." Said Beatrice as she carries fresh bandages and a washing bowl to Moria's bedside.

"That makes but one of us..." Moria winces as she speaks, "Pray tell me you have brought the sleeping draft?"

"My Lady I have, but I am afraid there are some issues we may need to address before we put you to sleep." Beatrice pulls the bandage from Moria's side and begins gingerly washing it.

Moria winces as the pain from the cut shoots through her entire body. "Aagh! these issues had BEST be of PRODIGIOUS importance Beatrice. For I am in no mood to deal with the mundane."

Carefully redressing the wound Beatrice replies, "My Lady, the King, our king has responded to the letter you signed. He has stepped down and the time has come to appoint another."

"Impeccable timing," Moria replies with a halfhearted smile, "Half dead and halfway across Atamara."

attending the wounded shoulder Beatrice asks, "Shall I summon the scribe then?"

Moria nods as she grimaces, "Summon him, and tell the rest to make for Ceargoth posthaste."
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist