Author Topic: One Post Short Stories  (Read 4520 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: One Post Short Stories
« Topic Start: April 18, 2011, 02:36:51 AM »
Akagi sits in his tent, sulking over the fact that he only has twenty-nine men and not thirty. Looking up, he sees his Captain enter the tent. "How are the men, Captain?"

"Bored, Sire. Despite the extra training you had them go through."

"Typical. I'm sure they'll be begging to come back to Massillion and sit around all day once we get marching. Anyways, I want you to find something for the soldiers to do that doesn't involve me spending precious gold in getting us time on the practice field. Anything. I don't care as long as I don't have to hear their incessant whining about how bored they are. Dismissed, Captain."

"Yes, Sire!" the Captain said before briskly walking out of the tent and gathering the men.

**two hours later**

"Captain? Where are you? I need to discuss some unit tactics with you," Gustav called out as he went through his unit's strangely empty encampment. As he neared the edge of the encampment, he saw that two groups of soldiers were lined up facing each other, with a large amount of bad apples lined up between them. When a flag was waved, the two sides let out a great shout, and rushed towards the pile of apples. They then began throwing at each other, with those who were hit walking out of the area the two groups were in. Standing agape, Gustav had enough time to shout, "WHA-!" before he was accidentally nailed in the head by an apple. He blacked out, while some of his soldiers dragged him back to his tent.

When he came to, the Captain was looking down at him, and said, "Well, you told me anything, and this should be a good lesson to the troops about always being prepared for the unexpected."