Author Topic: New Trade System Feedback  (Read 63631 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New Trade System Feedback
« Reply #15: January 28, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
the warehouse report telling how much food is in your region, how much is consumed/produced, etc.

you don't see it even if the lord is in his region

used to be one of those warehouse.php i think (forgot exact name) .. ie.. the one you only just overhauled in the last couple of weeks
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:54:50 PM by fodder »
firefox

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #16: January 28, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
Message said X bushels were moved from warehouse into granaries. Granaries say they have 0 bushels.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 28, 2012, 06:29:46 PM »
you mean this lot?
avengmil bt
Food System Upgrade   (5 hours, 12 minutes ago)
message to the lord and knights of Avengmil
Your new granaries have been filled with a total of 0 bushels. This is the food you had stored in your warehouses plus a free 5-day supply to get you over the initial adaptation phase to the new trade system.

Food System Upgrade   (5 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Your new granaries have been filled with a total of 0 bushels. This is the food you had stored in your warehouses plus a free 5-day supply to get you over the initial adaptation phase to the new trade system.

Food System Upgrade   (4 hours, 57 minutes ago)

Food System Upgrade   (4 hours, 54 minutes ago)
Your new granaries have been filled with a total of 676 bushels. This is the 571 bushels you had stored in your warehouses plus a free 5-day supply of 105 bushels to get you over the initial adaptation phase to the new trade system.

as opposed to nebel, dwi
Food System Upgrade   (5 hours, 5 minutes ago)
message to the lord and knights of Nebel

Food System Upgrade   (5 hours ago)

Food System Upgrade   (4 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Your new granaries have been filled with a total of 0 bushels. This is the 350 bushels you had stored in your warehouses plus a free 5-day supply of 125 bushels to get you over the initial adaptation phase to the new trade system.

i can tell you avengmil really has those 600 odd food.. *insofar as multiple places tells me there is such food) can't tell you about dwi.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:58:08 PM by fodder »
firefox

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 28, 2012, 06:54:39 PM »
Food System Upgrade   (5 hours, 12 minutes ago)
message to the lord and knights of Eisenik
Your new granaries have been filled with a total of 0 bushels. This is the 517 bushels you had stored in your warehouses plus a free 5-day supply of 35 bushels to get you over the initial adaptation phase to the new trade system.

Yes appears that BT did get food while Dwi did not. Granaries are empty can only set buy orders.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 28, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »
incidentally.. are prices capped at 50 per 100 bushels in that drop down menu?

--
not entirely sure I understand a trader's role... i have one in dwi, plain trader (not steward/lord) and is away in a foreign region which has a market place.

1st thing i noticed is that he can't set offers to buy food at the market place.. so he has to wait for the lords to do their thing 1st?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:04:32 PM by fodder »
firefox

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 28, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »
Just another event for Dwilight. Warehouses might have been filled now :)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 28, 2012, 07:05:01 PM »
Food System Upgrade   (just in)
Your region has received 2 granaries, replacing the old warehouses.
Your new granaries have been filled with a total of 0 bushels. This is the 350 bushels you had stored in your warehouses plus a free 5-day supply of 125 bushels to get you over the initial adaptation phase to the new trade system.
firefox

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 28, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »
incidentally.. are prices capped at 50 per 100 bushels in that drop down menu?

--
not entirely sure I understand a trader's role... i have one in dwi, plain trader (not steward/lord) and is away in a foreign region which has a market place.

1st thing i noticed is that he can't set offers to buy food at the market place.. so he has to wait for the lords to do their thing 1st?

Yeah it appears traders only wait to match up buy and sell orders set by lords.

Buy prices are capped at 10-50, it would be interesting if sell prices are capped lower to ensure a profit in trade.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: January 28, 2012, 07:09:11 PM »
Please be more specific.

yeah sorry it was pretty vague.

As duke I used to be able to access even when not in my region, via the "trade details (or trade report, I can't recall the name of the link), a table with the values for production/consumption/stores of all the regions of my duchy, including my own. The average lord probably didn't have such an option but I am pretty sure they were nevertheless able somehow to see how much is in their warehouse and so on.

With the new system apparently there is no link that leads you to such informations, the question then is: must the lord be in his region to see the details of the current situation of the warehouse, such as size of the stores, consumption and so on?

The only link I could access led me to the current market offers in my region and in my duchy, but nothing else.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: January 28, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »
yeah sorry it was pretty vague.

As duke I used to be able to access even when not in my region, via the "trade details (or trade report, I can't recall the name of the link), a table with the values for production/consumption/stores of all the regions of my duchy, including my own. The average lord probably didn't have such an option but I am pretty sure they were nevertheless able somehow to see how much is in their warehouse and so on.

With the new system apparently there is no link that leads you to such informations, the question then is: must the lord be in his region to see the details of the current situation of the warehouse, such as size of the stores, consumption and so on?

The only link I could access led me to the current market offers in my region and in my duchy, but nothing else.

He means the warehouse tables which used to list production, stores, consumption by population and troops. These tables are nowhere to be found now.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: January 28, 2012, 07:17:04 PM »
In the new system, traders no longer buy food, keep it with them, and then sell it later. Traders are now brokers. They hook up people who want to buy food with people who want to sell food, and broker a deal. Non-traders can only fill one order at a time. Brokers can work with many orders all at once to fill orders that otherwise could not be filled. I.e. a trader can match two sell orders with three buy offers to broker a composite deal. Non traders can only fill one order at a time.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: January 28, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »
Right now as Duke and Banker, I am able to see the food in the duchy and realm, which is great!
I cannot create any offers for the city though.  I have a different lord who is outside the realm and can understand why he cannot set up offers, but within the realm while not traveling should work, no?
EDIT:
Never mind. I am an idiot.  Didn't realize I could scroll down on the marketplace page. 
So far so good! 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:42:57 PM by Charles »

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: January 28, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »
wait... a duke/banker can set up offers if he's not lord?!
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #28: January 28, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »
They hook up people who want to buy food with people who want to sell food, and broker a deal. Non-traders can only fill one order at a time. Brokers can work with many orders all at once to fill orders that otherwise could not be filled. I.e. a trader can match two sell orders with three buy offers to broker a composite deal. Non traders can only fill one order at a time.

More importantly: Traders have a larger reach. They can broker deals that neither party can access. Two regions 550 miles apart can not buy or sell from each other unless one of the region lords travels a part of the distance to a marketplace. But a trader sitting in either region can probably (depending on trading skill) see the other and make the deal.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #29: January 28, 2012, 08:13:58 PM »
wait... a duke/banker can set up offers if he's not lord?!

No, he shouldn't. But he probably means that he's lord of the city. Most dukes still are.