Author Topic: New Trade System Feedback  (Read 63659 times)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
Re: New Trade System Feedback
« Reply #30: January 29, 2012, 09:10:32 AM »
Food issue is settled, but I'm not sure messaging is entirely. Trying to send a message to all full members of VE, I got this:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Doctrine\ORM\Query\QueryException' with message '[Semantical Error] line 0, col 133 near 'rank < 100 order': Error: Class BattleMaster\GuildMember has no field or association named rank' in /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/Query/QueryException.php:47 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/Query/Parser.php(428): Doctrine\ORM\Query\QueryException::semanticalError('line 0, col 133...') #1 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/Query/Parser.php(670): Doctrine\ORM\Query\Parser->semanticalError('Class BattleMas...', Array) #2 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/Query/Parser.php(221): Doctrine\ORM\Query\Parser->_processDeferredPathExpressions(Object(Doctrine\ORM\Query\AST\SelectStatement)) #3 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/Query/Parser.php(281): Doctrine\ORM\Query\Parser->getAST() #4 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/Query.php(212): Doctrine\ORM\Query\Parser->parse() #5 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/Query.php(232): Doctrine\ORM\Query->_parse() #6 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/AbstractQuery.php(586): Doctrine\ORM\Query->_doExecu in /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/Query/QueryException.php on line 47

Am liking the changes though, minor bugs aside :)

Finton.

digitalfreak

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 29, 2012, 03:31:44 PM »
Not really a problem with the trading system, but granarys are really expensive now. I know it's based off the other building in the city too, but compared to the older system it raises the price of everything else too. Good for balance though.    I'm not sure if caravans are really much use anymore at all.  Can nobles still buy food to keep in the caravan to feed their troops? If not, why keep the buildings?

Shop   Produces   Exist   Construction   Upkeep   Actions
Granary   storage   3   21560 gold   1 gold   build
Traders Supplies   Caravans   2   22390 gold   3 gold   build

I noticed the new system deals strictly in bonds, that might get interesting for region lords far from a city. (I understand why though)

Last nitpick for me is that offers are all or nothing, example of 400 for 100g @ 25 per 100, why couldn't I buy a whole incremental amount at say 200 for 50 (25 per 100)?  I know it was a design decision, but I'm not sure that it's posted about that enough when posting the offer (or accepting it)
Region is   selling   400   bushels for   100   gold   - a value of   25   gold per 100 bushels

Overall I think I will quite enjoy the new system, thanks to the dev team for all your hard work.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:34:56 PM by digitalfreak »

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 29, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »
Is that really 22390 pieces of gold, or is that a formatting error? I can't believe it's that much.... Can you even carry over 10k pieces of anything? It though it was capped like the family gold.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

TragerM

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: January 29, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »
Question I have (which falls in line with the above, with the noble's troops starving in a region with no food):

I used caravans not only for trade, but to carry excess food "just in case" I was stuck in a starving region, so my troops wouldn't be impacted...

If caravans have gone bye-bye, can something minor be created as paraphrenalia, so a noble can be proactive in protecting their own troops (maybe even to avoid impacting a region's food, because they already have their own)?  If not called a caravan, maybe just call it a "supply wagon"... they won't be able to sell to a region (which seems to be what you want) but they can buy and store food (or heck, even loot food).

Does bring up an interesting idea though... spend 3 hours on "Forage Food" if you want to see if you can get food for yourself, into your supply wagon, but doesn't damage the region's production, and isn't considered a hostile action against the region...?

Sorry to repost, but it was asked to continue giving feedback, and this is a concern of mine...

Short version though: can we carry "personal food" now, or does it mean we're just going to have starving-dying troops if you're in a region that ran out of food?

EDIT-- didn't know of the "Reworking Trade" thread... so am taking a look..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:34:16 PM by TragerM »

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: January 29, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »
In the other topic, Tom answered he was currently thinking about carts or something else keeping your troops fed if you had one with you. So probably something along those lines will be added in the future.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: January 29, 2012, 05:35:06 PM »
The message system seems a bit weird still. More specifically, it doesn't show the number of recipients for a letter (so it's just like: message sent to all nobles of Morek - without any number), and if you're included in the group you send the message it's going to arrive you as a foreign letter (that is, you get a new message after you send it and you can read your own message)

edit: there seem to be no more "reply to group" button also.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #36: January 29, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »
Not really a problem with the trading system, but granarys are really expensive now. I know it's based off the other building in the city too, but compared to the older system it raises the price of everything else too. Good for balance though.    I'm not sure if caravans are really much use anymore at all.  Can nobles still buy food to keep in the caravan to feed their troops? If not, why keep the buildings?

One thing about granaries is that harvest is now daily, so you won't have huge food reserves after harvest that then get depleted during the next days, meaning you probably need fewer granaries than you used to need warehouses.

The caravans will go away. Right now, however, they are still around because the list of available extras is shared with stable - people on stable may notice that they can build granaries now, even though those don't do anything.

I noticed the new system deals strictly in bonds, that might get interesting for region lords far from a city. (I understand why though)

Please tell me.

I'm serious. It's one of those design decision that I just know to be the right one, but I'm not entirely sure why.

Last nitpick for me is that offers are all or nothing,

You'll have to get used to that. Nothing short of a six-digit bribe will convince me to change it. :-)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #37: January 29, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »
Yeah, the message system is the next big mess we're going to fix.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: January 29, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »
strictly in bonds has pros and cons. everyone gets taxes in bonds... but it would be a pain if someone didn't plan ahead and has only gold... and for whatever reason had all his food looted (or whatever)

i could understand in bonds for the sake of simplicity.. but i would honestly prefer bonds... and when you are out of bonds, use gold. afterall, shifting gold->bonds is not a really bad thing, unless you are about to capture someone with lots of gold and he hides them into thin air.
firefox

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: January 29, 2012, 07:54:34 PM »
Food Bought   (28 minutes ago)
message to the lord and knights of Jedinchel
Seyud has bought 100 bushels of food for the granary.

Seyud is the Count of Orde, a neighbouring region. The message does not make sense. I don't know exactly what the transaction was. But it should say Seyud has sold 100 bushels to the granary, or Seyud has bought 100 bushels from the granary.

Unless it was meant to go to all lords and knights of surrounding regions as well as his own region.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: January 29, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »
look a bit further back, there should be a message saying your lord stuck food or gold into the market place..  i imagine.. (not that your message make much sense either.. but still should give a fuller picture)

eg.. my knight got this message (i also play the lord in the same region.. the knight is also steward.. but that's a bit buggy...)

Food Sold   (10 hours, 5 minutes ago)
message to the lord and knights of Avengmil
Yuri has put 100 bushels of food on the market, removing it from the granary.

... obviously the food wasn't sold yet... perhaps it should say... Food Sale Offer instead..
firefox

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: January 29, 2012, 08:12:50 PM »
look a bit further back, there should be a message saying your lord stuck food or gold into the market place..  i imagine.. (not that your message make much sense either.. but still should give a fuller picture)

nope, no other messages, the only other messages about food was from the actual change over.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: January 29, 2012, 08:22:34 PM »
don't know then.. i haven't managed to set a buy offer yet... because neither of my characters have bonds XD

ask the lord oocly?
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: January 29, 2012, 10:54:08 PM »
Seyud is the Count of Orde, a neighbouring region. The message does not make sense. I don't know exactly what the transaction was. But it should say Seyud has sold 100 bushels to the granary, or Seyud has bought 100 bushels from the granary.

Unless it was meant to go to all lords and knights of surrounding regions as well as his own region.

Just a guess, but I would say that Seyud bought the food for his region, from your region.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #44: January 29, 2012, 11:35:36 PM »

True, the message was misleading. What likely happened was that Jedinchel had a buy offer and Seyud accepted it. I've written a better message now.