Author Topic: Rant of the day  (Read 7276 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Rant of the day
« Reply #15: February 04, 2012, 05:27:25 PM »
Most of the time people from opposing sides believe in their causes OoC nearly as much as they do IC, which is sad. To that, the only reasonable answer I'd like to give is: "sure, why not?", and move on. Just roll with it, not much that can be done, besides vengeance later if you are still pissed off.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 06, 2012, 05:48:20 AM »
Speaking of Arcaea, I'm actually kind of impressed by how quickly they're putting the brakes on the war with Arcachon just because one character fell on his sword. It's more grace than I was expecting from a realm with so much obvious antipathy toward it's enemy. Now that might change if Arcaea tries to make Arcachon sign a really humiliating treaty. There's not much point to peace if it's a peace that would make WWI Germany shake their heads and say, "Wow, and I thought WE got a raw deal."

The treaty is pretty humiliating, but with Jenred out of the picture, I doubt it will stick.  Jenred was really the only one who might have made it, just by force of personality, as most of the realm doesn't agree with his priorities on dealing with the Invasion.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 06, 2012, 05:57:01 AM »
The treaty is pretty humiliating, but with Jenred out of the picture, I doubt it will stick.  Jenred was really the only one who might have made it, just by force of personality, as most of the realm doesn't agree with his priorities on dealing with the Invasion.

Well of course, if the characters were interested in the invasion, they would play on BT.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 09, 2012, 05:58:08 AM »
Well of course, if the characters were interested in the invasion, they would play on BT.

The small-minded fools never see the big picture, do they?  :P

Not that we were ever able to gain much footing in the counter-attempt. And that's definitely out of the question with the primary driving force out of the picture.