Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 213875 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #180: November 28, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
Now whyever would you think that! ;D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: November 28, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »
Bazinga!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: November 28, 2011, 04:50:23 PM »
Maybe because of Machiavel?  ::)

I'd tend to blame it a bit more on the drama kings and queens of the past. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #183: November 28, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
Ha, that brings me back... Remember the Dragon Queen? Man, she was great.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: November 28, 2011, 08:25:29 PM »
Ha, that brings me back... Remember the Dragon Queen? Man, she was great.

She was rather good 'till the final days, I'd actually say. That is, if you ignore the lingering feuds of the past she brought along with her.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: November 28, 2011, 09:27:31 PM »
She was rather good 'till the final days, I'd actually say. That is, if you ignore the lingering feuds of the past she brought along with her.

She was an enjoyable 'public enemy #1' for SA for a while on account of how our temples in D'Hara were 'accidentally' closed down when she took over. Too bad she ended up coming north and converting.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: November 28, 2011, 09:33:24 PM »
She was an enjoyable 'public enemy #1' for SA for a while on account of how our temples in D'Hara were 'accidentally' closed down when she took over. Too bad she ended up coming north and converting.

Yea, what a pity. ;)

Though really, I think they were rebuilt quickly enough, and I don't remember if it was really her doing.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: November 28, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »
I don't think they were ever rebuilt, not until Constantine came down anyway, and even then I think it was only in one region until perhaps more recently. I don't have a great sense of how things are going down there for SA at the moment.

As for it being her doing, I don't recall for sure. I just remember that she was blatantly spinning what happened to put herself in a favorable light and this fact was not lost on us. She was awfully good at spin.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: November 28, 2011, 09:49:55 PM »
I don't think they were ever rebuilt, not until Constantine came down anyway, and even then I think it was only in one region until perhaps more recently. I don't have a great sense of how things are going down there for SA at the moment.

As for it being her doing, I don't recall for sure. I just remember that she was blatantly spinning what happened to put herself in a favorable light and this fact was not lost on us. She was awfully good at spin.

What other regions that Port Nebel and Nebel ever had SA temples? I might be forgetting one, but only you can check the guild logs to verify.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: November 29, 2011, 12:34:53 AM »

It was never Temples that were torn down, it was shrines.  But that was all made up by Allison.   Nothing was ever destroyed in D'hara to the best of my knowledge.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: November 29, 2011, 12:49:01 AM »

It was never Temples that were torn down, it was shrines.  But that was all made up by Allison.   Nothing was ever destroyed in D'hara to the best of my knowledge.

That was my recollection as well, but I was a new player at the time so I wasn't really paying attention to things like that.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #191: November 29, 2011, 03:28:45 AM »
To be clear, there *were* shrines. And they did disappear. We don't know *how* they were lost, even OOC. I suspect they just didn't have enough contributions to keep going, or something. My character discussed it with the the Queen a few times, and came to the conclusion that they did not tear them down. IIRC, it was Brance's attempts to keep things calm, and the fact that there was no hard proof that they were maliciously torn down, that kept matters from getting out of hand.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: November 29, 2011, 03:36:03 AM »
To be clear, there *were* shrines. And they did disappear. We don't know *how* they were lost, even OOC. I suspect they just didn't have enough contributions to keep going, or something. My character discussed it with the the Queen a few times, and came to the conclusion that they did not tear them down. IIRC, it was Brance's attempts to keep things calm, and the fact that there was no hard proof that they were maliciously torn down, that kept matters from getting out of hand.

Would the Way of the Dragon even been able to tear down the shrines? I don't remember the religion ever having set the relationship with SA that low.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #193: November 29, 2011, 03:48:20 AM »
Not being in WotD, I really don't know. I'm pretty sure it would have required them to set SA as Evil, then send in armed troops. But even then, it's a looting action, and I don't think you can do it in your own realm, can you? Even so, that's all a game mechanics thing that is outside of a character's IC knowledge. The disappearance of the shrines was blamed on WotD, and the idea got a lot of traction in certain circles.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: November 29, 2011, 05:58:13 AM »
Not being in WotD, I really don't know. I'm pretty sure it would have required them to set SA as Evil, then send in armed troops. But even then, it's a looting action, and I don't think you can do it in your own realm, can you? Even so, that's all a game mechanics thing that is outside of a character's IC knowledge. The disappearance of the shrines was blamed on WotD, and the idea got a lot of traction in certain circles.

You have a far better memory on this than I do.