Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 213865 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #735: December 19, 2017, 12:30:15 AM »
Well, I was the GM of the Zuma at the time. Alas, this memory is a bit fuzzy. What Ketchum and NeGaZe wrote should be largely accurate. I'll add, or rephrase, a summary of what I recall.

Morek Empire had been stuck in war with Zuma for many OOC years from the previous Zuma GM during the Kabrinskia conflict (I think). When I was playing the Zuma, Mayhem ruled Morek Empire. I think he was trying to negotiate the end of the war status and colonize the western roguelands, specifically Golden Farrow. There may have possibly been a battle in Golden Farrow between Zuma and Morek Empire, at some point. Then internal shenanigans happened amongst Morek Empire, Gary Ketchum, Mayhem, and Avernus. While ruling Avernus (though it may have possibly been while ruling Morek and just carried over to Avernus with Mayhem as a person), Mayhem insulted and angered Zuma by some indication of Zuma serving Avernus, provoking a war declaration. I think Gary Ketchum and Zuma arranged peace between Morek Empire after Morek fulfilled some Zuma demand (I think, something anti-Mayhem), and then a prophecy.

And that's roughly how Avernus replaced Morek Empire in being stuck at war with Zuma for years on end, with little military action. Indeed, Zuma leader cannot be contacted these days. It's just Avernus' turn to be stuck in war, like Morek Empire was for several OOC years. Consider it roleplay flavor.