Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 213652 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #270: December 03, 2011, 10:09:36 AM »
It's funny that all this stuff happens regarding the Zuma at the same time some other stuff happens, and the Moot will probably never learn about it because my character has never even heard of the Moot. I'm dying to talk about stuff. I guess he'll just write a book about it afterwards, if there is an afterwards.

Wouldn't be that hard for your character to hear about the 'Moot if you wanted. If you character has such pressing relevant information to all of the stuff going on with the Zuma and the 'Moot why would your character not want to contact anyone of importance in the area? Any of the rulers of Terran, D'Hara, or Barca? Any Lords or Senators of those realms? Any government members? Asylon? Any of those people will most likely mention the 'Moot to your character.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271: December 03, 2011, 10:12:08 AM »
And now Terran have incurred the wrath of the Zuma.

You mean, had it incurred for them (as already mentioned). Nasty, tricksy little elves!

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #272: December 03, 2011, 10:35:35 AM »

...to being appalled at the starvation that he personally witnessed and has heard about since leaving...

Ironic, considering he willingly participated in the starvation of Giask.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #273: December 03, 2011, 11:49:46 AM »
Ironic, considering he willingly participated in the starvation of Giask.

The guilt of those actions lead Koli to form the Manifest Path. Obviously now that he seeks atonement for such a mistake, he feels a righteous fury to see others repeat his errors. Cause you know people are NEVER hypocrites, never ever. Also, completely wrong use of the word Ironic, it really is a word people should just avoid using at all times.

I hope you guys work out WHO forged the letter soon. It is very hard for my Judge to ensure he denies refuge to the forger when no one can tell him whom he should be on the look out for.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #274: December 03, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »
A rule when trying to get to a POI: Do not spook them when you cannot yet get to them, or if you are uncertain whether the people who can will do so.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #275: December 03, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »
You mean, had it incurred for them (as already mentioned). Nasty, tricksy little elves!

Indeed, but I put that comment up before we were told this was some kind of set-up. But then again, seeing the declaration gives me pause for thought about an improvement that could be made.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: December 03, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
It's funny that all this stuff happens regarding the Zuma at the same time some other stuff happens, and the Moot will probably never learn about it because my character has never even heard of the Moot. I'm dying to talk about stuff. I guess he'll just write a book about it afterwards, if there is an afterwards.

Except, you know, the Chief Magistrate of Terran who personally contacted you asking for any information you might have. Just ignore that one why don't ya.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #277: December 03, 2011, 05:55:04 PM »
Except, you know, the Chief Magistrate of Terran who personally contacted you asking for any information you might have. Just ignore that one why don't ya.

Easier said than done when you shove it in his face. Figuratively speaking, of course.  ;D

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: December 03, 2011, 08:30:37 PM »
Things to do when bored on a saturday...

StumbleUpon...
Read books...
Hang Christmas ornaments...
Goad Koli on the ruler channel....
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #279: December 03, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »
Things to do when bored on a saturday...

StumbleUpon...
Read books...
Hang Christmas ornaments...
Goad Koli on the ruler channel....

Not sure why you think that's goading.  Koli's nearly fainting in relief.  He was in full panic mode (as anyone in the Manifest Path can attest) thinking that the Fifth Invasion was kicking off on Dwilight as well, and we are not ready.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #280: December 03, 2011, 10:33:47 PM »
Not sure why you think that's goading.  Koli's nearly fainting in relief.  He was in full panic mode (as anyone in the Manifest Path can attest) thinking that the Fifth Invasion was kicking off on Dwilight as well, and we are not ready.

Like BT is ready... :P

egamma

« Reply #281: December 03, 2011, 10:56:30 PM »
Like BT is ready... :P

They signal readiness by attacking each other. They're as ready as they'll ever be.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #282: December 04, 2011, 12:51:19 PM »
You are right! Damn you bowie Ironsides!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowie could never keep something like this a secret, he's too much of a self promoter. Besides, forging letters is too devious and dishonest for his type of villainy. Yes he is possessed by a demon but he never lies.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: December 05, 2011, 04:39:49 PM »
Serious question: is the Moot ginning up some imaginary case against the Manifest Path?  Because I like to think that my character is well-informed about the happenings of tMP, and this Zuma stuff is nothing but rumor and shadow in Luria.  Hence Malus' very basic and uninformed questions about the issue. 

What I'm saying is, unless someone within tMP has been behaving badly, a Chénier is either creating a case for war out of thin air (okay) or Dominic is throwing an OOC tantrum and using the game to exact his revenge (not okay).  Is this an appropriate phrasing of the situation?

Sabrier

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: December 05, 2011, 05:21:46 PM »
Obviously I can't speak for Dominic, but at the moment I don't think any of us would have any interest in fighting tMP, we're just annoyed that they're bitching about the Zuma when they live an ocean away. It's funny you should say that though, my advy is a member of tMP and the messages going around there make me think that Lurians definitely don't understand the Zuma.