Author Topic: Pokemon! (I am totally serious)  (Read 7597 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Pokemon! (I am totally serious)
« Reply #15: March 19, 2011, 03:21:49 AM »
How did you get Celebi? I thought the non-Japanese releases of GSC goofed up the code to have the GS ball trigger Celebi's Ilex Event. Mew I can understand easily even if you didn't go to an event since the RBY glitch is really easy to pull off once you get to Cerulean City and from there it's just a trade through time away.

By the way...It's Unown  :P

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 19, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »
I got myself a copy of White, but with very little time to play it, I've not got very far - only up to Nimbasa city (electric gym, 4th badge).

Trying to test myself by only going through with bug pokemon. I had to cheat a little at the start since you don't get bugs for a while, plus I needed someone for cut. But should be fine now, since I've heard you don't need to use any of the HMs to finish the game.

Current team is: Scolipede (level 30), Leavanny (level 30), Dwebble (level 26).

Can't say I really rate this generation too highly, I've not seen anything overly special with it. The story seems a little heavy for its intended audience to properly grasp, but I quite like it - nice not to have an evil team who want to destroy the world.

As for the 3DS, I'm not going to bother until the next gen 3DS. The battery life is apparently very low and the 3D can be rather temperamental - you have to look at a very specific angle for it to work properly. Plus, most forms of 3D seem to give me terrible headaches, so I guess I'll stick with my DS Lite for the moment :)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #17: March 20, 2011, 01:24:22 AM »
No evil team that wants to destroy the world, no, but still something rather sinister.

I'm unfamiliar with the story of BW but I've followed the competitive battling scene since it's been out in Japan for a while. It seems like whatever people might have said about Gen IV giving a lot of offensive boosts pales in comparison to the really devastating offensive attacks and abilities some representatives of Gen V get.

I guess VGC 2011 may be interesting.