Author Topic: Religion is missing something?  (Read 77126 times)

Alasteir

• Knight
  • March!
    • View Profile
Re: Religion is missing something?
« Reply #225: February 14, 2012, 02:35:40 AM »
Its not about HOW they heal, its about breaking away from the fact that most RPG's will pigeon whole priests into a healer role.

I must say, the preacher has not any link with any subclass. He can't fight to be a cavalier, a hero, can't stab to be an infiltrator, can't trade. Can only hope to appear some new players who really want to learn from a mentor, and pray to the treaties become really necessary in all continents.

So, what's your suggestion?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: February 14, 2012, 04:44:40 AM »
Leave them as is. I've played several Priest and never found myself thinking I needed some subclass to flesh out the character.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: February 14, 2012, 06:28:12 AM »
Besides H/P, I don't really think Priests are missing anything.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: February 14, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »
I must say, the preacher has not any link with any subclass. He can't fight to be a cavalier, a hero, can't stab to be an infiltrator, can't trade. Can only hope to appear some new players who really want to learn from a mentor, and pray to the treaties become really necessary in all continents.

So, what's your suggestion?

I see Priest/Heroes all the time.

Though perhaps they take the Hero subclass before becoming a Priest.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Alasteir

• Knight
  • March!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: February 16, 2012, 01:59:25 AM »
Yes, because you just can't leave hero as you do to every other class/sub. You can't pick volunteers, your family doesn't gold to let you change your mansion any time you want, and the "tell your tale" option never appears, at last, to me.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: February 16, 2012, 02:13:38 AM »
Yes, because you just can't leave hero as you do to every other class/sub. You can't pick volunteers, your family doesn't gold to let you change your mansion any time you want, and the "tell your tale" option never appears, at last, to me.

I have a Priest/Hero and I changed my family home with him, and also "told my tale" several times. The volunteers-option is naturally unavailable.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: February 17, 2012, 05:04:16 AM »
I have a Priest/Hero and I changed my family home with him, and also "told my tale" several times. The volunteers-option is naturally unavailable.

I've taken them, it's a pretty good combo actually: you get to move your home, tell you tales, and, most importantly, an option to try to escape the dungeons when captured.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron