Author Topic: Strombran!  (Read 20627 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Strombran!
« Reply #15: February 02, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »
I guess CE's hand is forced ;)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 02, 2012, 02:51:29 PM »
No, you're right. CE doesn't have infiltrators coming out the wazoo.
As former leading of Sanguis Astroism, ruler of Astrum, and instigator (or co-instigator) of wars that have destroyed at least 5 realms on Dwilight alone

Thinking about expansion towards other continents already?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 02, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »
Umm......... pretend you didn't hear that...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Fury

« Reply #18: February 02, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »

:) Vive le Strombran 8)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 02, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »
Nice coat of arms. That should liven up the Atamara map a bit. Most of the emblems on Atamara are both ancient and look like it.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 02, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »
Who made those awesome coat of arms again? He made the Realm Emblem for DoA on the East Continent. I wouldn't object his work all over the continent maps if he's still around :)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: February 02, 2012, 06:47:15 PM »
I think Fury made that one. The one for DoA was made by Shenron (and he still has plenty of banners available, but sadly not many people use them)
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 02, 2012, 08:33:24 PM »
"You will reap what you sow." Ahahaha how perfect.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: February 02, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »
So, argue all this IC and use it as counter propaganda. Indirik made a joke, its a game remember.

I would not object to in-game propaganda (there hasn't been much). What I am objecting to are these IC propaganda being spread on what is supposed to be OOC forums. We can't have a CE-related thread these days without people chiming in about how evil CE is.

People who play in Atamara can probably figure out that it's just joking around, sure. But not everyone who reads these threads play on Atamara. I don't want anyone who's shopping for an AT realm to join to end up with the wrong impression about CE. I don't want to lose potential players who might have joined CE but heard that we were evil baby-killers. I also don't want players to join thinking that they are joining a realm that actively tries to be evil. They are going to be very disappointed.
------
qui audet vincit

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: February 03, 2012, 01:45:40 AM »
Sour grapes, I say. New players probably don't jump on the forums first thing [citation needed], and when I first signed up I believe the game itself steered me toward Atamara, and CE in particular. I've had a lot of fun learning the basics of the game there, and it'll always be my first home (Since having made my first character there, his family is native to Trassing), though as monolithic as it is I've found that my characters can make more substantial contributions to the game on other islands.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

egamma

« Reply #25: February 03, 2012, 05:12:49 AM »
CE, SA, Zuma, Lukon, Sirion, blah, blah blah. Just play mad libs and copy-and-paste complains between the various threads.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: February 03, 2012, 05:39:43 AM »
CE, SA, Zuma, Lukon, Sirion, blah, blah blah. Just play mad libs and copy-and-paste complains between the various threads.

Basically when people start complaining about your realm/religion/organisation in the forum, you know you are successful.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: February 03, 2012, 06:04:29 AM »
Sour grapes, I say. New players probably don't jump on the forums first thing [citation needed], and when I first signed up I believe the game itself steered me toward Atamara, and CE in particular. I've had a lot of fun learning the basics of the game there, and it'll always be my first home (Since having made my first character there, his family is native to Trassing), though as monolithic as it is I've found that my characters can make more substantial contributions to the game on other islands.

I'm much the same. Started my first character in CE, though don't have a face there anymore. I actually have a character on the other side of "the current war" (can someone name it or...?) and he certainly thinks CE is a bully who won't allow any other realm a chance to have a halfway equal fight. Old and current loyalties aside, I oocly don't consider CE to be at all in the wrong with anything they've done. They're bigger, they're better. Sure, they build buffer realms and allies to defend their borders and throw their weight around the continent, but what realm doesn't attempt to do one or other or both?

Sour grapes? Probably not, but its a fair point made by Enri that people will look at the forums before joining a new realm on a new continent. I do it myself. Judge activity, position on the continent, etc. Were I reading this and hadn't played CE, I'd avoid it the same way I avoided Astrum. Where's the fun in joining the realm where you're efforts will have least effect? That CE's a republic helps that, and would in my judgement in picking a realm, but were I hearing "Evil Empire" type stuff on the forums, like I did with Astrum, I wouldn't be interested. Joking, genuine sour grapes or just playing the line, the end result really is the same.

Anywho, best of luck to CE's newest buffer. New realms tend to be fun to be a part of, so I hope the players there have a ball :)

Finn.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: February 13, 2012, 07:49:51 AM »
.... yay.....

Cagilan Puppet number.... 4?

:-\

Hey! Coria is not a puppet. We're like a rabid dog which fights against the hand that feeds it, but still happens to fight mostly on the side of the empire.

I would not object to in-game propaganda (there hasn't been much). What I am objecting to are these IC propaganda being spread on what is supposed to be OOC forums. We can't have a CE-related thread these days without people chiming in about how evil CE is.

People who play in Atamara can probably figure out that it's just joking around, sure. But not everyone who reads these threads play on Atamara. I don't want anyone who's shopping for an AT realm to join to end up with the wrong impression about CE. I don't want to lose potential players who might have joined CE but heard that we were evil baby-killers. I also don't want players to join thinking that they are joining a realm that actively tries to be evil. They are going to be very disappointed.

No need to worry about that. Everyone knows that BoM are the baby killers. CE just sells BoM the babies that they take from all the lands they loot with their evil armies. Then they profit, by going and selling all of the stuff they got in exchange back to the people they stole the babies from. In the end, CE just burns down both places and takes all the gold they used and keeps it.

I mean cmon, how would any of that ever make someone not want to join your realm?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:56:56 AM by Dante Silverfire »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: February 13, 2012, 07:53:05 AM »
Hey! Coria is not a puppet. We're like a rabid dog which fights against the hand that feeds it, but still happens to fight mostly on the side of the empire.

Don't worry; Coria is like my little mistress I sneak away to see at night while I know Darka is out with that little blonde bitch Talerium.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)