Author Topic: Proudest Gaming Moment?  (Read 6216 times)

wraith

• Knight
  • Da Hadez Family
    • View Profile
Re: Proudest Gaming Moment?
« Topic Start: March 16, 2011, 03:27:19 AM »
Completing a 3-year story arc on BM that was so subtle, ambigious and diffuse than no-one realised what was going on (to be fair even I didn't decide the 'truth' of what was going on - that was down to the reader to decide) with cryptic historical and cultural references probably too obscure for anyone to spot (how many players know their realm's ancient history, are students of medieval nordic religon and are classic horror movie afficianados).

The story was hidden in RPs, in-game lists, character movements, battle reports and messages to small, but sometimes overlapping, groups of nobles and involved multiple characters and realms.

The cherry on the cake was that the finale of the story required a central character to die in a certain place, at a certain time and doing a certain thing. I am still not sure if, against astronomical odds, the fact that the game killed them.. at that time, in that place and doing that thing.. means that at least one person was following the story and tweaked probability in the favour of narrative or if it was some sort of glorious coincidence. Truth be told.. I'd rather not know but I suspect the latter as the former would require a hell of a lot of insight and some seriously quick and inventive intervention in the game internals.

The story (albiet without the subtlety or pacing of hiding it in-game) is concealed in my family wiki pages for those with nothing better to do but it requires some knowledge, some twisted thinking and some patience to find and, being out-of-game, lacks the impact is should have had if anyone had bloody-well noticed it going on first time round.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:29:17 AM by wraith »
"There are 11 kinds of people in the world; those who do not understand binary, those who think they understand binary and those who understand endianness."