Author Topic: One Realm to Rulle them All  (Read 11419 times)

Will Bell

• Freeman
    • View Profile
One Realm to Rulle them All
« Topic Start: February 04, 2012, 08:36:19 PM »
So I wondering, what would happen if a single realm were to control an entire continent.  Is there a plan in place to do something?  Like intervention by the Gods.

Zakilevo

Re: One Realm to Rulle them All
« Reply #1: February 04, 2012, 08:45:53 PM »
The last time when this happened, the entire island sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

But the island was small so it was possible. In other more bigger continents, it is impossible for a single realm to control all the regions. You won't be able to maintain outer regions if your realm is too big.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: February 04, 2012, 08:48:02 PM »
That only ever happened on the War Islands. As it stands now, it seems highly unlikely that any one realm can ever take over any continent. The logistics of how realms work would simply make that impossible via legit means. I know one of the outcomes would be massive accusations against the realm that takes over the entire continent, followed by a lot of complaining.

egamma

« Reply #3: February 05, 2012, 03:41:47 AM »
Also, there's game code that makes it harder and harder to control a realm's regions, the larger it gets. 40% of an island is about the max, I think.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 05, 2012, 04:01:07 AM »
It would probably depend on the island. I'd bet you could get at least 75% of FEI. Surely you could add GA and PoZ to Toupellon without too much difficulty, as well as large portions of Arcaea. Maybe even the northern parts of Kindara. Our main problem in Toupellon right now is the extreme north/south stretch of the realm. We could easily add more east/west land.

Thing is, it would be extremely fragile, and require a lot of courtier/lord attention. Easy to go into a spiral of decay. It would require all the nobles to cooperate on holding it together. You'd almost certainly have some people band together to split apart before you could get too big to just fall apart on your own.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: February 05, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »
So I wondering, what would happen if a single realm were to control an entire continent.  Is there a plan in place to do something?  Like intervention by the Gods.

No.

Try it and find out what will happen. You will find it doesn't require any GM intervention.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 05, 2012, 03:55:36 PM »
Hasland at its largest extent was the biggest you could get w/o severe problems.  So that was what, ~34 or 35 regions, spread out from Icegate and Sale down to Tucha with the capitol in York.  Any larger than that and you're completely uncompetitive with taxes.  You could probably hang on to at most 50 with a severe amount of effort.  After that you're too far from the capital and people want like 5% taxes.

Have fun with that.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 06, 2012, 05:45:57 AM »
Set up an empire-level hierarchy (King of Kings sort of thing) and you can do it.  That's been one of my long-term goals in the game.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 27, 2012, 01:59:29 AM »
I always thought about that... Even though I've never even come close to becoming a ruler but if I did I would become ruler of CE and become some corrupt PM and basically send over some dudes to rebel taking over Coria and Tal. then it would really be an "Empire" I guess...
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 27, 2012, 02:03:57 AM »
*gasp* A necromancer! Get him boys!  >:(
------
qui audet vincit

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 27, 2012, 02:11:10 AM »
Mwahaha, you'll never catch me  :)
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 27, 2012, 03:33:26 AM »
I always thought about that... Even though I've never even come close to becoming a ruler but if I did I would become ruler of CE and become some corrupt PM and basically send over some dudes to rebel taking over Coria and Tal. then it would really be an "Empire" I guess...

If only you had any idea how Coria, and CE are truly lead. mwahahahah!

jk....or am I?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 27, 2012, 01:53:26 PM »
Set up an empire-level hierarchy (King of Kings sort of thing) and you can do it.  That's been one of my long-term goals in the game.

Yeah, I think that would really be the crowning achievement of Battlemaster grand strategy. Mind you, such an Empire would inevitably collapse due to internal squabbling, but nothing lasts forever.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 27, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »
Yup, it's already been done too.  Hasland split into the Protectorate which was Norland, Hasland, and Southasland.  That's when CE went nuts and got a bunch of other realms together and went after them.  Norland had a leadership change (Draco or Drago took over) and started to attack as well.  If they hadn't of switched it would've been an interesting fight, as it was the loss of one of the members was too much and I lost.

*sigh*  I haven't really ever had the urge to build another empire since.  But hey! We did pioneer a bunch of fun stuff back then that are now game code.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 27, 2012, 09:15:41 PM »
If only you had any idea how Coria, and CE are truly lead. mwahahahah!

jk....or am I?

whatshisname perkeleet still pulling strings in the background via the order?
firefox