Author Topic: One Realm to Rulle them All  (Read 11457 times)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: One Realm to Rulle them All
« Reply #30: April 10, 2012, 04:34:46 PM »
*Sigh* Why doesn't that surprise me? I could've sworn that, once upon a time, Oritolon was fairly good at war but maybe not!

Oh there was a time when Oritolon was a nasty little beast of war...  But...that was a long time ago.

Before any Hendrix held the crown of Lukon... *everyone yawns knowing a boring history lesson is in the works* Lukons ruler was working to have alliances with Alebad and Alowca... But the priests had plans to destroy Oritolon and said that none of the lands from that realm would go to Lukon and in fact Lukon was not invited to fight in the war.

Lukons General....who happened to be a Hendrix....used the chance to talk the ruler of Lukon into changing sides and fighting WITH Oritolon not against them.  Thus Lukon was thrust into the early wars of the Colonies on the side of Oritolon.

The priests (Alebad and Alowca) then joined up with Portion... The three realms signed a ceasefire with Oritolon and began to march through Portion to take out Lukon.  So Oritolon came to help save us...  Thus was born the strong connection between Lukon and Oritolon.

That connection has decayed much over the years... and so has Oritolons fighting ability.  At least external fighting ability.

I miss that war.  Portion, Wetham, Alebad, Alowca (and the ocasional raid by Outer Tilog) vs Lukon, Oritolon, Assassins... 

I remember talking Giblot into attacking OT so that the raids would stop... paying Assassins to attack Portions walls, resulting in many Assassin deaths due to execution.  The Assassins guild was never the same after that.  Never feared as much again.

Good times.... good times...

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 10, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »
I reckon Lukon could actually pull off a full military conquest of the Colonies, but only if the leadership actively recruited the knights of the realms they conquer. Valast's approach of hegemony worked precisely because it left space for the disaffected whereas Ares hasn't that kind of vision, and Valakyrie seems determined to win bimbo sword-wielder of the year 1012 ;)

A lot of people in Lukon wanted to try that a long time ago (me too at first)... but I kinda held everyone back.  So instead of killing realms every time we went to war, we would pull back a bit...or help rebuild OT...or give some one else a city...or create the realm of MT...

But that was more tied into RP of the character (which in my opinion should be the reason anything happens).  Valast is dead... and his daughter has something to prove to the world...

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 10, 2012, 10:25:24 PM »
A lot of people in Lukon wanted to try that a long time ago (me too at first)... but I kinda held everyone back.  So instead of killing realms every time we went to war, we would pull back a bit...or help rebuild OT...or give some one else a city...or create the realm of MT...

But that was more tied into RP of the character (which in my opinion should be the reason anything happens).  Valast is dead... and his daughter has something to prove to the world...

To be fair it can't have been easy for her, growing up in the shadow of the great man and his equally canny son.

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 12, 2012, 01:36:44 AM »
whatshisname perkeleet still pulling strings in the background via the order?

Nope, he is just an humbly priest who is working for the Empire. The Order was first true religion on Atamara and it was created to serve those who believe in greater good against chaos.

The Order could be used as a key to domination but there are several Nobles with whathisname who decide actions against other religions and religions only.
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .