Author Topic: Modifing how honor and prestige is given.  (Read 2145 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Modifing how honor and prestige is given.
« Topic Start: January 31, 2012, 06:36:48 AM »
So I just had a character fight in the big battle in Ibladesh 35k vs 15k. My character has an archer unit so didn't do my fighting, but I only got 1 honor(which I am not complain about). I am guessing honor and prestige are given for many factors such as how much you have, the fighting your unit did, if you retreated or not, and whether you win or lose. But from experience through other big battles that honor has generally been lowish. Now with my character on dwilight I will have a like 400 CS unit fight a 1k CS monster army, and because monsters retreat really early I win like 50% of the time. For that battle I get like 3 honor and 1 prestige. Which I have liked but I just think it is a bit weird. I see why I got it for the huge disadvantage in CS numbers. But I would think the huge magnitude of most battles would give nobles more honor/prestige then my other noble fighting random battles against monsters.

Just in some way I think honor/prestige should be reworked so that doesn't seem so weird.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Modifing how honor and prestige is given.
« Reply #1: January 31, 2012, 06:40:41 AM »
So I just had a character fight in the big battle in Ibladesh 35k vs 15k. My character has an archer unit so didn't do my fighting, but I only got 1 honor(which I am not complain about). I am guessing honor and prestige are given for many factors such as how much you have, the fighting your unit did, if you retreated or not, and whether you win or lose. But from experience through other big battles that honor has generally been lowish. Now with my character on dwilight I will have a like 400 CS unit fight a 1k CS monster army, and because monsters retreat really early I win like 50% of the time. For that battle I get like 3 honor and 1 prestige. Which I have liked but I just think it is a bit weird. I see why I got it for the huge disadvantage in CS numbers. But I would think the huge magnitude of most battles would give nobles more honor/prestige then my other noble fighting random battles against monsters.

Just in some way I think honor/prestige should be reworked so that doesn't seem so weird.

If not looked at the code, but one way to think about it if this is the case, in large battle with so many nobles and men you are less likely to stand out and attract the attention required for other nobles to increase there opinion of you, which I think is what the honour/prestige simulates
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 31, 2012, 06:44:04 AM »
Yeah thats good enough reasoning. I still feel like i am abusing the game though haha.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 31, 2012, 02:27:25 PM »
There are a lot of factors that determine how much honor/prestige you get. These are my observances from over the years, and not any kind of official code-inspired proclamation.

• How much H/P do you already have? The more you have, the harder it is to get more. This has a very big effect on things.
  • Were you on the winning or losing side? Winners tend to get more H/P than losers.
  • How long did your unit last in the battle? The more rounds of the battle you last, the more H/P you get. Even if your side wins a huge battle that lasts 18 rounds, if you get knocked out in the first round, then you will not get much out of it.
  • I don't think the amount of actual fighting your character does has too much effect on things. It's how much of the battle you are therefor. I could be wrong though.
  • City/Stronghold sieges tend to increase the H/P gain for everyone involved.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 01, 2012, 05:32:48 AM »
Melee fighting seems to get more h/p than ranged.  Again, not code-inspired, personal observation.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"