Author Topic: Favorite realm?  (Read 17883 times)

Noble family

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Favorite realm?
« Topic Start: March 15, 2011, 04:35:16 AM »
For those wanting some background info take a look at the wiki realm pages...

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Colonies

Thoughts?

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Favorite realm?
« Reply #1: March 15, 2011, 04:39:23 AM »
I sometimes wonder if Assassins is any good, being supposedly full of infiltrators who are supposed to go out and do stuff. But then I saw the income and the regions, and frankly, they are bad.

I've also heard about Outer Tilog with the nifty ability to torture one's unit. Beyond that though I've heard that it's devolved into a shell of what it once was.

I played a while in Lukon. Not much that I observed there except maybe destroying Wetham.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 16, 2011, 06:01:02 PM »
Not sure I really have a favourite these days. Not that I've experienced all Colony realms, but mostly everywhere seems quite bland now. In the past, Giblot would have probably been my first choice. When I started BM in Giblot, I went an evil route with my characters, inspired, I suppose, by the example of Outer Tilog and so many people were more than happy to play along - either for or against the depravity. Everyone got into the spirit of things and it warms my heart to see that Headball is still mentioned in the Judge's bulletin from all those years ago. I think Sadi SaDiablo was the one to put that in.

Alowca was good too. They had religion there before it became a game mechanic, which was taken quite seriously by all and played a big part in the big internal disputes. That and Anomalous Psych provided some very inspiring leadership. Yet Always Solo forever dogged his heels and managed to do him in more than a few times. Though as I recall, the reason Anomalous got into power in the first place is because the nobility of Alowca left to try and found a new realm in Beluaterra or the Far East, fearing annihilation. I guess Anomalous chose not to share his knowledge of the trade loopholes that would make Alowca all but unassailable before he left ;-)

Assassins were always entertaining years ago too. There was plenty reason to fear them and their infiltrators and were always ready to pounce when sniffing weakness among their neighbours. Had a few good jests with Assassins when our paths crossed in Helsera and the like.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 18, 2011, 03:54:05 PM »
OUTER TILOG!

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 18, 2011, 06:47:18 AM »
I am so against the slow pace, but am so for Outer Tilog.

Life is so hard.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 26, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »
Lukon was fun in the near death days and thru the we will we will stomp you days... but now it is a bloated social failure.  People too old to do much, sitting around wondering where all the kids are while they drink out of lead tankards.

egamma

« Reply #6: July 27, 2011, 02:56:22 PM »
Lukon was fun in the near death days and thru the we will we will stomp you days... but now it is a bloated social failure.  People too old to do much, sitting around wondering where all the kids are while they drink out of lead tankards.

They should all make heros, and the older people in Giblot make heros, everyone set for max retreat, and we have a nice battle with even odds. We'll get those old characters cleaned out! I've been very, very tempted to make Gellin into a hero.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 27, 2011, 09:49:59 PM »
Val was a hero for years.  I should have just paused him tho and then brought him back in about 8 years at 120 years old or something :P that would have been odd.

Ahh well.  Lukon will fall one day, but I don't think Giblot will be around to see it unless other realms figure out prty quick that MT is their only hope.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 31, 2011, 03:40:57 PM »
Obviously since becoming Prime Minister, Oritolon is my new favourite realm :-P Vicious politics like. I can definitely see why/how Oritolon periodically tears itself apart and watches Alowca go rogue, heh. Unruly.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 20, 2011, 09:10:35 AM »
I like Oritolon too. Not that I joined other realms before. Like Revan, I watched how Oritolon numerous rebellions from within, drove many regions rogue. Taking sides in rebellions, learning about rebellions tricks, who to trust and who not to trust, these rebellions times are indeed exciting time  ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 23, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »
Damn straight I whipped Alowca into shape.  I had Anomalous as ruler beforehand, but up until the Exodus it was more of a dual leadership.

I'd have to say Alowca was most fun with struggle in and out.  Oritolon had a few interesting times, but it was mostly like pulling teeth to get people involved.  Minas Thalion is proving to be an upstarting realm full of activity, plus Anomalous is developing some new tricks and traits.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 24, 2011, 04:13:36 AM »
Damn straight I whipped Alowca into shape.  I had Anomalous as ruler beforehand, but up until the Exodus it was more of a dual leadership.

I'd have to say Alowca was most fun with struggle in and out.  Oritolon had a few interesting times, but it was mostly like pulling teeth to get people involved.  Minas Thalion is proving to be an upstarting realm full of activity, plus Anomalous is developing some new tricks and traits.
How I missed the Alowca realm, Alebad realm. This Oritolon war with Alowca realm and Alebad realm happened even before my characters were born  :'(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 24, 2011, 05:01:23 PM »
How I missed the Alowca realm, Alebad realm. This Oritolon war with Alowca realm and Alebad realm happened even before my characters were born  :'(

Alowca was second strongest realm on the Colonies at one point. 18k CS with her three regions. It was good times. Then Always and the rest came back and all the silly harping over religion got going again. Wasn't there to see Alowca fall, but I'd swear those lot were there own worst enemies.

Oritolon had a few interesting times, but it was mostly like pulling teeth to get people involved.

That hasn't changed! >.<

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 24, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »
If it weren't for Always and Margrave Alowca would be the dominant power in the Colonies.  The Psychs had control of Alowca, a huge military with active nobles, and were about to buy Portion-  combined with the surprise achievement of all of this coming from the ashes of 2 regions and 3k cs only a couple of weeks prior.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: October 25, 2011, 12:28:01 AM »
If it weren't for Always and Margrave Alowca would be the dominant power in the Colonies.  The Psychs had control of Alowca, a huge military with active nobles, and were about to buy Portion-  combined with the surprise achievement of all of this coming from the ashes of 2 regions and 3k cs only a couple of weeks prior.

haha that is a big VERY big claim there...with a ton of Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda....

Blame it one me, them, her she those... bottom line is you were out maneuvered....repeatedly....as was Alebad, portion, wetham, OT once... The ploys to break Alowca away from Orit, or Wetham turned into a new realm, or Portion from Lukon... they all failed... :) you think you have what it takes to take down Lukon, bring it :)

(disclaimer - this messege is writen by a big furry Lukon Barbarian.... not by Wilson ((me)).... because while it is all true, I would have said it in a more political way)