Author Topic: Favorite realm?  (Read 17891 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite realm?
« Reply #15: October 25, 2011, 04:19:45 AM »
My first character Ash arrived just in time to witness the demise of Alowca realm. Kinda miss Pysche and his lot, especially Hvrek and his infamous rebellion. Hvrek was Duke of Alowca city when Alowca realm fall. Oritolon accepted Hvrek surrender as Duke partly because it was easier to maintain the city than TO it. It was something like that as what my character Ash knew.

Then come Hvrek rebellion which I grew to learn about rebellions and underground, stuffs like that. Hvrek had a Judge Katherine exile Spearhead and caused poor old man to pour all his heart and soul to inspire us to fight Hvrek rebellion. Nice try doing a coup de grace via our Ruler election which has 1 Lord with more knights mean the lord can vote more thingie.

I really cannot thank you enough for the lessons on rebellion, which come in handy for the next upcoming rebellions by Khain and his Utopia friends  8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 26, 2011, 10:10:27 PM »
Incorrect.  Hvrek was the general of Oritolon during the fall of Alowca who came to terms with Catha to give them safe passage north in exchange for leaving the city intact.  He was widely popular for it and voted as both judge and duke of Alowca, but asked to keep only one position.
As for rebellion, Hvrek initiated a ton of reforms to empower dukes, and ousted the Colonial Brethren in the process, who had taken the imperial government.  With support against the crooked government he revealed he won the reforms, and later the election for PM.  He won, supported and appointed those from his duchy, and then was rebelled against.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 27, 2011, 03:34:29 AM »
Good, thanks for enlightening me. The version I heard have been skewed according to political agenda it seems. Now we going kill Catha and whatever remnants of Alowca Allyah mustered again...  ;D

The Colonies Brethren is such secretive but this secret society did not die at that time when Hvrek ousted them. They had a  secret guildhouse somewhere, known only to a few select members  ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 28, 2011, 12:41:29 AM »
yep.  doctor and Kendrick kept it going.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 28, 2011, 08:37:38 AM »
At one point, they pass the Bretheren leadership to Cadelius Strika, he keeps voicing out that he has not much support from those society members. Finally he given up the leadership to someone else. Nobody ever send invitation to join to my character who sound too righteous...  ::)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 28, 2011, 06:41:09 PM »
Just the name of that society sends Lukon into a witch hunt lol... I whisper it often...

egamma

« Reply #21: October 28, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
At one point, they pass the Bretheren leadership to Cadelius Strika, he keeps voicing out that he has not much support from those society members. Finally he given up the leadership to someone else. Nobody ever send invitation to join to my character who sound too righteous...  ::)

/singsong "I know something you don't know"

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 01, 2011, 09:37:39 AM »
/singsong "I know something you don't know"
Heh... Be wary, Ash is everywhere, ash has no form of substance and can be anywhere  :P

I kinda grow to like that Sedgewick. He visited almost all realms in Colonies by now  ::)

Somra

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: December 06, 2011, 07:57:48 PM »
I've played in Assassins and Giblot extensively, and spent some time about Alowca/Alebad, Lukon, and OT.
Each nation is.. or in the case of the religious states, was.. remarkable. Alowca/Alebad had remarkable defensive military focus, and political atmosphere. Lukon has the whole rampant barbarian thing, and from what I saw in my short time with them this wildness and focus on strength extends into their politics. OT is.. well, it's OT. You love them, or you love to hate them. Always a catalyzing force. The Guild goes through tons of fluctuations- honestly, it's the one place in all the servers where you'll reliably find yourself in a position of power without any real effort. The Guild is remarkable in being a meritocracy, while still having strict control from the Tyrant (though that has seemed to lax over time). Giblot.. well, as I just mentioned in another thread, she's the font of idealism and freedoms.

Never did spent much time with Oritilon or Minas Thalion, so you all'll have to toss out the impressions there.

Nevertheless, is it any wonder I love the Colonies most?

Zane

• Knight
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: December 10, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
I've played in Outer Tilog for 8 years.  I adore it.  I've paused all but one my characters multiple times, but always kept my character active in Outer Tilog.  No, it's not as active as it was in the past, but it's still the most twistedly-entertaining realm you'll ever find.

Elroy

« Reply #25: January 15, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »
I keep trying to love OT, as I repeatedly have characters in that realm, and had a great run with a vegetarian character, but I can never sustain my enthusiasm or enjoyment.  The problem is every single time over the last 5+ years, the same "jokes" that make OT fun and unique are overused, beat to death, brought back to life, and the whole process is repeated ad nauseam.  Last time I was in the Colonies, Assassins was very dynamic and enjoyable...but that was during the Wetham split and conflict with Lukon, so I don't know if that has continued.  When I move a character back to the Colonies, it will be to Assassins.

Dhalgren

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 03, 2012, 11:13:39 AM »
I apologise for reanimating this long dead post, but the necromantic art is better than opening a new one.

I am thinking of moving a character to the colonies, and I am unsure over which realm to choose. For what I see Assassins and Outer Tilog seem the most appealing. I'd like a realm with loads (loads!) of RP and the most medieval atmosphere, interesting intellectual discussions, politics and the like.

Which is the most vibrant at the moment and why?
Any suggestions?
Ven - RIP
Orb - Beluaterra

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 03, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »
With what you're after I'm not sure Outer Tilog would be what you want... It's a bit different there...

The Colonies may well be about to enter a new age, with the long term wars ended, there will probably be some quiet for a while before all the dynamics change. I think any realm would be worth joining now as I'm quite excited about the future of the Colonies and really have no idea what to expect, so being a part of any of these realms as they build to whatever happens next will make you an important part of the history here...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

egamma

« Reply #28: June 03, 2012, 03:47:23 PM »
I apologise for reanimating this long dead post, but the necromantic art is better than opening a new one.

I am thinking of moving a character to the colonies, and I am unsure over which realm to choose. For what I see Assassins and Outer Tilog seem the most appealing. I'd like a realm with loads (loads!) of RP and the most medieval atmosphere, interesting intellectual discussions, politics and the like.

Which is the most vibrant at the moment and why?
Any suggestions?

No RP in Oriolton that I can see, but there are some interesting politics.

I think you should try OT. It doesn't have a medieval atmosphere but it's probably the most fun to play in. And if you don't like it, you can leave with your tail between your legs, entertaining whatever realm you join with the horrors you experienced in Outer Tilog.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 03, 2012, 03:59:04 PM »
Despite the setup of Outer Tilog, I always found it boring every time.

Assassins were always fun and full of intrigue, but my experience with them was before they became more stable from the war with Giblot and Wetham.

Minas Thalion has the possibility of being interesting if they can secure a capital, and probably replace the ruler, or at least break him from his mission.

Never played Lukon, but they are the true military machine.  I saw some good international RP from a FEW Lukon nobles, but never heard anything internal about them.

Oritolon is EASILY stirred up.  It is very easy to bring this realm to the brink of civil war.  You've got all kinds of cliques that most don't even know about, including the old timers.  You can have a good time here with some initiative.