Author Topic: Adventure-Noble Banking  (Read 7599 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure-Noble Banking
« Reply #15: February 09, 2012, 06:09:33 AM »
Repairing unique items also usually results in payment
Yes, when your repairing unique items, the noble need give the item to advy first.
After advy finish repair, advy give back the unique item to noble and noble has option to pay or not to pay.

Another option mentioned in post earlier, is advy joining the guild.
The amount of debts owed, can be increased according to the guild rank.
My last advy have the fortune of joining an advy guild, dedicated to combat all creatures of darkness  8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 09, 2012, 06:18:02 AM »
Well, commoner scouts are paid 1 silver per week. I suppose we could set the limit to 10 times that? That would let the noble pay you 10 silver a week. Just a smidgen less than 1 gold.

Wait what? my scouts want 1 gold a week.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 09, 2012, 06:20:11 AM »
After advy finish repair, advy give back the unique item to noble and noble has option to pay or not to pay.

Well, no. If the noble wants his item back, he has to pay. He has the option of whether to give a recommendation or not.

Unless he wants to have the advy arrested and the judge take the item off him, but that's a little excessive.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 09, 2012, 06:20:43 AM »
Perhaps there could be a limit of the gold sent to an adventurer. I did several scoutings of regions around different areas of the realm for my general which was done thinking I was to be paid since he was unaware that I couldn't receive gold from him, which gives me no incentive to do if I plan on staying an adventurer since I don't get gold and my advy I plan on keeping an advy so it seems to me there is no reason to please nobles, obviously not to anger so they don't arrest you but there is no actual reason to please from what I see.

Advies are meant to be poor, there is incentive in trying to become a noble. No commoner in their right mind would choose to stay a commoner instead of becoming a noble.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 09, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »
Wait what? my scouts want 1 gold a week.
Your scout is getting too uppity, and needs a beating. :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 09, 2012, 12:27:05 PM »
Well, no. If the noble wants his item back, he has to pay.
Items can be "sold" for a price of 0 gold.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: February 09, 2012, 01:42:31 PM »
You say plenty of ways but I only know of 2 gathering items and selling them indivdually or as a unique item if you are lucky and slaying monsters or undead. I do not consider 2 ways to be many. Feel free to correct me if there are more ways.

Those two ways also happen to be the two main focuses of the adventurer game.

You know, the stuff your advy is pretty much expected to be doing 80% of the time.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 09, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Items can be "sold" for a price of 0 gold.

Not what I was referring to. He said nobles could choose to pay or not pay after receiving the item. That isn't the case.

egamma

« Reply #23: February 09, 2012, 08:41:30 PM »
If the general has an item, he can sell it to you for 1 gold, and buy it back for 11 gold.

Of course, I think this is abuse...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: February 09, 2012, 11:36:41 PM »
If the general has an item, he can sell it to you for 1 gold, and buy it back for 11 gold.

Of course, I think this is abuse...

And I would agree. But then if people are just going to use guilds to handle it, does it really matter?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: February 10, 2012, 09:57:30 PM »
I like using bounties. Do something for a lord and they can put more gold into the bounty pot for advies.