Author Topic: Adventure-Noble Banking  (Read 7597 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Adventure-Noble Banking
« Topic Start: February 09, 2012, 01:16:24 AM »
Is there anyway for nobles to send adventurers gold without trading a unique item? I recently performed some scouting of a different realm for my general but he was unable to pay me for the task as he didn't see an option to directly send me gold.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure-Noble Banking
« Reply #1: February 09, 2012, 01:25:01 AM »
No
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 09, 2012, 01:41:18 AM »
Has it ever been thought of being added? If it has and was rejected then why?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 09, 2012, 01:45:03 AM »
Has it ever been thought of being added? If it has and was rejected then why?

It was rejected because gold scarcity is an important part of the Advy game. For a adventurer getting top level equipment takes a lot of effort. If nobles could just send them gold, poof there goes the effort.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 09, 2012, 01:54:22 AM »
Perhaps there could be a limit of the gold sent to an adventurer. I did several scoutings of regions around different areas of the realm for my general which was done thinking I was to be paid since he was unaware that I couldn't receive gold from him, which gives me no incentive to do if I plan on staying an adventurer since I don't get gold and my advy I plan on keeping an advy so it seems to me there is no reason to please nobles, obviously not to anger so they don't arrest you but there is no actual reason to please from what I see.
― G.K. Chesterton

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 09, 2012, 02:01:29 AM »
Perhaps there could be a limit of the gold sent to an adventurer. I did several scoutings of regions around different areas of the realm for my general which was done thinking I was to be paid since he was unaware that I couldn't receive gold from him, which gives me no incentive to do if I plan on staying an adventurer since I don't get gold and my advy I plan on keeping an advy so it seems to me there is no reason to please nobles, obviously not to anger so they don't arrest you but there is no actual reason to please from what I see.

The not beating up part is pretty important. Or arresting you and having you executed.

He might be able to use a guild to pay you, if you are both members and you have the ability to withdraw gold from the guild treasury.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 09, 2012, 03:07:39 AM »
You have a valid point but in this case it was more like a help wanted ad. He sent a message to all the advys and asked for someone willing to complete a dangerous task with pay for him so again if no pay then there is no incentive though I will check out the guild thing, thanks for the help. Though would the banking but with a limit to avoid what you said ever be a thought to add in?
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 09, 2012, 03:15:23 AM »
Well, commoner scouts are paid 1 silver per week. I suppose we could set the limit to 10 times that? That would let the noble pay you 10 silver a week. Just a smidgen less than 1 gold.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 09, 2012, 04:00:39 AM »
True but they are fed by the region for free, only have to go one region away, it only takes them an hour for there missions, and travel taxes are not done to them. I pay for taxes to go to some regions/or realms (not sure) which was done during my scouting, I pay 2 silver a day for food, travel quite the distance taking all of my time for 2 days in my task because of there being several regions to visit within the other realm. So I think more than 10 silver is due.
― G.K. Chesterton

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 09, 2012, 04:30:16 AM »
True but they are fed by the region for free, only have to go one region away, it only takes them an hour for there missions, and travel taxes are not done to them. I pay for taxes to go to some regions/or realms (not sure) which was done during my scouting, I pay 2 silver a day for food, travel quite the distance taking all of my time for 2 days in my task because of there being several regions to visit within the other realm. So I think more than 10 silver is due.

My advy pays nothing for food, on account of having no money. Apparently dirt provides all advy nutritional needs.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 09, 2012, 04:39:00 AM »
I know that is possible but do you only do gathering and never hunt? Even then you could sell items you get. I wonder because I don't see adventurers can be broke, kill some monsters or undead and you have money.
― G.K. Chesterton

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 09, 2012, 04:40:17 AM »
I know that is possible but do you only do gathering and never hunt? Even then you could sell items you get. I wonder because I don't see adventurers can be broke, kill some monsters or undead and you have money.

My advy tends to just stand there, hoping I will give him some attention.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 09, 2012, 04:43:47 AM »
So, wait, it takes your advy 2 days to do something that a scout can do in an hour, and you want to be paid more than 10 times as much? ;)

We will not be adding ways for nobles to pay advys for work. Advys already have plenty of ways to make money, if they choose to do so.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 09, 2012, 04:51:32 AM »
You say plenty of ways but I only know of 2 gathering items and selling them indivdually or as a unique item if you are lucky and slaying monsters or undead. I do not consider 2 ways to be many. Feel free to correct me if there are more ways.
― G.K. Chesterton

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 09, 2012, 04:54:28 AM »
You say plenty of ways but I only know of 2 gathering items and selling them indivdually or as a unique item if you are lucky and slaying monsters or undead. I do not consider 2 ways to be many. Feel free to correct me if there are more ways.

Repairing unique items also usually results in payment