Author Topic: What do you think is wrong?  (Read 35733 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: What do you think is wrong?
« Reply #15: March 26, 2011, 01:09:15 AM »
Male nobles always go to the whore houses for a partner

Marriage is very infrequent in the game, usually because there aren't enough female characters and no one I have found is willing to go through an RP to get there.

It's usually a solo-RP if anything - it's hard to get other players to RP with you

There just isn't enough RPing in the game, though I myself have been lagging at it recently as well.

Never have noticed the first one.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 27, 2011, 07:10:14 AM »
I've thought it out a place to see characters that are RPed to be more armored than a battleship, and carrying a sword longer than longcat. Especially, at balls, feasts, festivals, or parades.

Or how every(almost) character is, at least, 15 feet tall, solid muscle, and stunningly beautiful.

Or how private RPs are read as a letter, or public knowledge.

Or how every character has a deathwish. I'm occasionally guilt of this one, but oh well.

Then you haven't had the pleasure of meeting my noble Sundar, who corpulently overweight, rude and annoying... Glaumring is filthy like a Pict, and half naked most of the time, he is like a noble barbarian more than a fantasy platemail style noble, and then there is Akrogath which is the fantasy platemail wearing 15ft tall brooding blond haired 12ft sword guy...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 27, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »
Then you haven't had the pleasure of meeting my noble Sundar, who corpulently overweight, rude and annoying... Glaumring is filthy like a Pict, and half naked most of the time, he is like a noble barbarian more than a fantasy platemail style noble, and then there is Akrogath which is the fantasy platemail wearing 15ft tall brooding blond haired 12ft sword guy...

Why ever would you think the Picts were filthy?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 27, 2011, 11:30:18 AM »

It was a generalization...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

egamma

« Reply #20: March 28, 2011, 01:46:14 AM »
By modern day standards of multi-weekly showers, ALL people from 1000 years ago were filthy.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #21: March 29, 2011, 01:00:53 AM »
By modern day standards of multi-weekly showers, ALL people from 1000 years ago were filthy.
Whats that? Flees have laid eggs in the seems of your clothes? Burn them out with a candle!
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 29, 2011, 09:45:21 PM »

Because they live in Scotland.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: March 29, 2011, 10:21:46 PM »
Another thing that bothers me:
The infrequency of marriage.

That one bothers me in 2011 real life.   :P

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 29, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
What bothers me:

I can no longer write an RP in first person or limited third person and share it with the whole realm, because now private thoughts are considered public knowledge if published. 

Medieval misoginy. Yeah, I understand it's historically accurate.  But I'm not sure if it's fun in the game.  (Some discussion on this is going on in the split thread.)

Nobles publicly acknowledging they are blood-related to an adventurer.  That's supposed to be shameful.

egamma

« Reply #25: March 30, 2011, 05:32:01 AM »
Nobles publicly acknowledging they are blood-related to an adventurer.  That's supposed to be shameful.

Yes, absolutely. But you can't really ban someone for that, can you?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: March 30, 2011, 05:35:34 AM »

...Why not?  There was a secession and war involving three realms (four if you count the secessionist realm) on the FEI over (mostly/partly depending on the realm) that sort of issue.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: March 30, 2011, 10:16:30 AM »
You can ban someone cause you think they wore the wrong colour sash to a ball if you really want to. Whether your realm would let you get away with it is another thing.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #28: March 30, 2011, 06:07:32 PM »
You can ban someone cause you think they wore the wrong colour sash to a ball if you really want to. Whether your realm would let you get away with it is another thing.
"Well one of us is going to have to change."
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: March 30, 2011, 07:58:02 PM »

If a noble is related by blood to some commoner, then he deserves his nobility to be questioned.