Author Topic: "Region Assignement"  (Read 2166 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
"Region Assignement"
« Topic Start: February 09, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6576

so i don't end up spamming that entry too much...

basically... question in hand is... "what to do with the poor sodding dukes who ended up with no regions"

aside from ruler doing a "chop the duchy" that is.

ideas so far from there:
1) ruler assign region with no lord to existing duke (with no regions only? any duchy? click war between ruler and duke?)... i keep forgetting if ruler can create new duchy from town/cities with no lord.. if they can, then it's no different from dissolving old duchy, then create new duchy and sticking the duke there

2) allow lords to flip duchy when they are in same region as the duke (of no regions only? any duke?) - bear in mind that lords can flip to any duchy already (aside from lord of last city of realm) as long as they are physically in a region of the new duchy

3) allow dukes to give away regions to another duke. not all that different from rulers giving regions away (hmm.. does that still work in new hierarchy?)
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: "Region Assignement"
« Reply #1: February 09, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »
ideas so far from there:
1) ruler assign region with no lord to existing duke (with no regions only? any duchy? click war between ruler and duke?)... i keep forgetting if ruler can create new duchy from town/cities with no lord.. if they can, then it's no different from dissolving old duchy, then create new duchy and sticking the duke there

Don't forget, rulers can no longer appoint lords. Period. Ever. So this would not just be dissolving old duchy, then creating a new duchy in that region and sticking the duke there. It would be stealing a region from an existing duchy without its Duke's consent.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 09, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »
yeah.. that's what i thought last night..

but like i said up there. i keep forgetting if the ruler can create a new duchy from a town/city with no lord. if they can, then technically.. if you just count the outcome, it's the same thing (though not really RP wise)... and they've "stolen" a region from a duke.

and since they can definitely create new duchy from a town/city with a lord already, they can already "steal" a region from a duke.. so to speak.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:57:04 PM by fodder »
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: February 10, 2012, 12:50:15 AM »
Basically, I wrote that down on the bugtracker so I don't forget.

I do like the other two ideas better than my original one. Both being able to sign up with a duke by meeting him and that the DUKE should be able to send a region to a different duchy sound viable.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 10, 2012, 03:43:19 PM »
The Duke giving a region away seems strange, but I suppose rulers can give regions to other realms so it does make sense.
I like being able to join a duchy by meeting with a duke.  I would say this should be the case whether the duchy has regions or not.
I feel that having the ruler step in would mess up the heirarchy.