Author Topic: Not a trader, confused on buying food.  (Read 2082 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Not a trader, confused on buying food.
« Topic Start: February 10, 2012, 03:46:23 AM »
On my character Callandor II in the Far East, I'm trying to buy food from my own city, Sasrhas. I am not a trader, but i do have 1 cart so far. How much can a cart hold? I am both Banker and Duke of the city, so I'm sure between all of them i could figure out how to pick up some food to move.

Or if there is some wiki-help i've missed, please direct me.

Thanks!
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Not a trader, confused on buying food.
« Reply #1: February 10, 2012, 03:49:53 AM »
Carts do not hold food. Carts haul wounded men. (And if you consider them to be food... eww...)

Caravans hold food. (On stable islands, until they get the new trade system.) Get a caravan or two, then go to the Actions tab and look for the trading option.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 10, 2012, 05:47:33 AM »
Carts do not hold food. Carts haul wounded men. (And if you consider them to be food... eww...)

Caravans hold food. (On stable islands, until they get the new trade system.) Get a caravan or two, then go to the Actions tab and look for the trading option.

Right, well Sasrhas is all the betters with carts, too! Thanks a bunch.. just gotta wait for taxes again..
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

egamma

« Reply #3: February 10, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »
Ignore Indirik, all he read was the word 'trader', and apparently not the "not a" in front of it.  ;D

You need to go to command, warehouse, and send out a caravan from there, and/or set a buy price for food for others to send to you.

Okay, I need to read closer too. Yes, buy caravans on the orders page, then go to your warehouse page and set up a sell offer for the amount you want to carry, then go to the market on the actions page to buy the food.

Heh--there's a good comparison to the old system. You have to go to 3 different places to accomplish something that is done on a single page in the new system.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:18:46 PM by egamma »

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 10, 2012, 02:11:48 PM »
FEI is a stable island. The old trader system still works there, and Harte can buy food in his caravan and carry it around for some time still. Indirik was right.
After all it's a roleplaying game.