Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 14140 times)

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #15: March 09, 2012, 01:02:55 AM »
ME3 endings... oh well. They were disappointing for me. Guess they really wanted to make sure that there won't be any ME4.

Maybe spoilers:

Agreed. I thought the first 3/4 of the game was really good, but what led up to the ending seemed rushed. The ending choices I found to be absolutely stupid, and completely incongruous with everything that led up to that point.  I wanted more story lines to be brought to an end, an epilogue that gave some feedback of my choices, more squadmate interaction, and more Miranda. I feel like Bioware will try to release some DLC endings.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #16: March 09, 2012, 01:58:20 AM »
Much like Bethesda did for Fallout 3's poor ending.

Karedan

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 12, 2012, 08:53:11 AM »
you know I quite liked the ending.. up till the last 5 minutes or something like that.. really.. wtf!?
also.. you're gathering support for the final battle the entire game.. and how do you see that come back? do they show any benefits for doing that? I can't really see the choices I made back in the ending and i'm rather disappointed about that.. :(

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 12, 2012, 08:29:58 PM »
Ending was stupid. None of your choices through all 3 games matter, and it all comes down to one multiple-choice question where you get to choose between red, blue, or green fireworks.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: March 12, 2012, 09:43:34 PM »
lol fireworks. Yeah it was a total letdown. I am not going to support any Bioware game unless they get really good ratings from now on. I don't trust those dumb reviews written by IGN and other review websites. Most of them giving 9.1 or more to the game. What a joke.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #20: March 13, 2012, 01:58:27 AM »
What?  It deserves those ratings. It is a  great game.  Just the ending sucks.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 13, 2012, 02:29:58 AM »
What?  It deserves those ratings. It is a  great game.  Just the ending sucks.

I've put around 300 hours in the ME series, all this game needed to do was round everything off and it basically ruined the entire story.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

« Reply #22: March 13, 2012, 04:15:26 AM »
It could have been much better. The ending was the worst part. They could have put more effort in everything. No dialogue wheel for people, some big changes turning into smaller ones or nothing at all.

Karedan

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: March 13, 2012, 08:56:10 AM »
Well it's not that I dislike the whole game.. I completely loved it! until the last 5 minutes..
like Slapsticks said: it doesn't give me the feeling that any choices I've made really mattered.. if it only integrated that with the ending it now has I could be happy enough..

Anarki_Hunter

• Knight
  • Gra'd Arbitrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 13, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »
Just started playing the game, ME3.

The initial stages of the game appears less stellar than Mass Effect 2 (Illusive man section) and Mass Effect 1 (Recruitment conversations/scene/setting by Anderson).

Just completed the first assignment on Mars and I feel working with Cerberus in ME2 (Illusive man) was a satisfactory experience than with the Alliance.

Yet to see what comes next, I hope its more interesting than what I played until now.

DasYasha

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: March 13, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »
Proceed with caution, this post contains spoilers.

I think the ending in ME3 was one bold and excelent. It took quite some time to figure out what actually happened there because it didn't make any sense. I stress the word any.

I recommend to check the annexes and information the game spreads about reapers, what shephard experiences and then think again what actually happens during the game from the very beginning to the ultimate end. They are really subtle hints and when the final scene starts, I kind of expected the final showdown with Illusive Man and Harbinger. Instead you get a kid telling you that well we are here to kill organics to protect them from developing synthetic race that would destroy them. And then the kid proceeds freely to tell that well hey you can go and destroy us like that but makes sure that the two other options look much better and the game even colors the destroy option with red, common "bad boy" choice. But it still shows Anderson walking towards it. And with a pistol that has unlimited ammo you can go and destroy it.

Think about the dreams shephard sees, shadows here and there as the game processes, whispers, kid running forward and ultimately they start to end where both shephard and the kid burns.

If you don't get what I am saying, please go and read what the game has been saying about indoctrination from the very beginning. It just comes together so beautifully.

And you only survive if you gather enough support and still press on choosing the option to kill the reapers.

It was either a briliant execution or biggest blunder Bioware ever made if this really was their "end" they figured out.

Karedan

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: March 13, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »
this post will contain spoilers!

i dont get it.. i didn't survive and i completed all sidequests there were to be found.. how could i have gotten even more support? 0.o

Zakilevo

« Reply #27: March 13, 2012, 07:45:18 PM »
you need to play multiplayer which is just stupid. There is too much flaw in the indoctrination theory.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #28: March 13, 2012, 08:42:54 PM »
You do not need to play multiplayer.  Getting enough military strength is possible without multiplayer.  I got over 7000 without multiplayer.

Karedan

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: March 13, 2012, 09:05:22 PM »
You do not need to play multiplayer.  Getting enough military strength is possible without multiplayer.  I got over 7000 without multiplayer.

and did he survive at the end? cause i had over 7000 too i believe