Author Topic: New stats page  (Read 8446 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
New stats page
« Topic Start: February 18, 2012, 06:06:01 AM »
Has that new Statistics page only just come in on both Testing and Stable? Was it announced? Going from being 1 day behind to a week behind is a pretty big change. Don't think I like that.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: New stats page
« Reply #1: February 18, 2012, 06:44:59 AM »
Yes and then no.  Big change, yes, but it makes sense.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: February 18, 2012, 10:15:35 AM »
Has that new Statistics page only just come in on both Testing and Stable? Was it announced? Going from being 1 day behind to a week behind is a pretty big change. Don't think I like that.

Then you are one of the reasons I made the change. You should get the information you need for your IC decision making IC, and not from a stats graph.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 18, 2012, 11:21:21 AM »
You can't suddenly take away a huge convenience that people have had access to for years and not expect there to be a couple of complaints, I'm afraid.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: February 18, 2012, 12:01:28 PM »
No, but I can hope that they will agree that the change is for the better.

Look at it this way: You have lost a convenience. Your enemy has lost a way to spot you re-arming and preparing for war.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 19, 2012, 12:54:01 AM »
No, but I can hope that they will agree that the change is for the better.

Look at it this way: You have lost a convenience. Your enemy has lost a way to spot you re-arming and preparing for war.

Yeah, I much prefer it this way. But then I know I will generally have the means to get the info in game while hoping my enemy doesn't :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 20, 2012, 12:01:34 AM »
I love the new design and glad you made it a delayed graph. This is very cool and stops it from being used as a spy tool.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: February 20, 2012, 12:29:33 AM »
It is even bigger than that. :-)

If someone wants to use the data for something else, talk to me and I'll tell you about the API that I have available. Basically, all the data you see in the graph is available in JSON format.

And, if you want something else in a graph, again talk to me and I'll probably add it. With the new system, adding more graphs is a lot easier than it used to be in the old one.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 20, 2012, 12:54:47 AM »
It is even bigger than that. :-)

If someone wants to use the data for something else, talk to me and I'll tell you about the API that I have available. Basically, all the data you see in the graph is available in JSON format.

And, if you want something else in a graph, again talk to me and I'll probably add it. With the new system, adding more graphs is a lot easier than it used to be in the old one.

Interesting, that also means we can integrate it into the wiki. Not entirely sure how we could use that, but I'm sure someone would have some idea's.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 20, 2012, 08:08:08 AM »

Would it be possible to get up-to-date information for your own realm? I think it'd be very useful having access to all those stats.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #10: February 20, 2012, 09:58:21 AM »
You mean having one graph with regions, population, food, gold, etc. all in one?

Yes, it would be possible. But all those things are measured in different units, so it would require lots of axes. The library I use can do it. I'm just not sure if it would be very informative, or just confusing. But I'm guessing you are more looking at getting a "feeling", by seing of all the graphs are pointing upwards or downwards?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 20, 2012, 10:17:57 AM »
You mean having one graph with regions, population, food, gold, etc. all in one?

Yes, it would be possible. But all those things are measured in different units, so it would require lots of axes. The library I use can do it. I'm just not sure if it would be very informative, or just confusing. But I'm guessing you are more looking at getting a "feeling", by seing of all the graphs are pointing upwards or downwards?

I'm thinking he means to remove the 7 day delay for info about your own realm. Only problem I see here is that people will be encouraged to move around their extra characters in order to circumvent the delay.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 20, 2012, 11:00:47 AM »
Prevent nobles who just joined a ream from seeing the stats page at all, just like how we block out army information, region information, etc.
------
qui audet vincit

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #13: February 20, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »
I'm thinking he means to remove the 7 day delay for info about your own realm.

That's not going to happen. It would contain information not readily available in-game.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 20, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
What information is available on the stats page for your own realm that you couldn't work out yourself with enough time?