Author Topic: New stats page  (Read 8444 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: New stats page
« Reply #15: February 20, 2012, 03:38:27 PM »
What information is available on the stats page for your own realm that you couldn't work out yourself with enough time?

Exact numbers for CS, Food, Gold, etc. etc. - you can theoretically work that out, but in reality, you will often have to go with rough guesses. Which is totally fine with me, as the details should be for the individual lords and nobles. Giving the banker exact, current numbers on food, for example, would only invite more top-level micromanagement and destroy the intent of recent game changes to let the lords worry about details and the banker tackle the high-level issues only.
Same for general and military.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 21, 2012, 12:19:14 AM »
And, if you want something else in a graph, again talk to me and I'll probably add it. With the new system, adding more graphs is a lot easier than it used to be in the old one.

Would it be possible to get a graph for religions and their number of peasant/noble followers? Or failing that, a pie chart revealing the relative strength of the various faiths, if not their exact followings?

If it is possible, it'd be nice to have those added to the new stats, if only to emphasise that religion is important and people should be fighting over it.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 21, 2012, 06:08:20 AM »
Would it be possible to get a graph for religions and their number of peasant/noble followers? Or failing that, a pie chart revealing the relative strength of the various faiths, if not their exact followings?

If it is possible, it'd be nice to have those added to the new stats, if only to emphasise that religion is important and people should be fighting over it.

+1
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #18: February 21, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »
Religion is a bit of a tricky beast. The point is that religion is a rather local affair, and that the same numbers mean different things. Two religions both having 100,000 followers can be very, very different if one has 5-10% followers everywhere and the other has 80+% followers in a few regions.

For religion, I am thinking about creating a "strength map" using the new dynamic map. I think that would be more informative.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 21, 2012, 10:16:58 AM »
Religion is a bit of a tricky beast. The point is that religion is a rather local affair, and that the same numbers mean different things. Two religions both having 100,000 followers can be very, very different if one has 5-10% followers everywhere and the other has 80+% followers in a few regions.

Two realms having both 100'000 CS can be very different if one has 2K militia spread out everywhere and the other one has one big mobile army.  :P

For religion, I am thinking about creating a "strength map" using the new dynamic map. I think that would be more informative.

This is also an excellent idea!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 21, 2012, 01:33:58 PM »

strength meaning a combination of peasants, nobles, temples and priests?

Will Pagan be included??

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: February 21, 2012, 05:14:53 PM »
I don't think that religious information should be publicly available. If you want to know how many followers there are, and where they are, or where the temples are, then send someone to check it out. Just like with the military forces.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 21, 2012, 06:05:17 PM »
I think at least a pie chart that takes the continent's total population and then shows the percentages of each religion (including pagan) would be really cool.

You could do it on realm level, too. But at least on continent level would be neat.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: February 22, 2012, 01:47:03 AM »
I like the new stats.

The only thing missing is a way to select realms without having to deselect all of the rest. It's a little tedious to deselect all of Dwilight's realms to view only 1 or 2.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: February 22, 2012, 03:24:29 AM »
The only thing missing is a way to select realms without having to deselect all of the rest. It's a little tedious to deselect all of Dwilight's realms to view only 1 or 2.
I think Tom was planning on adding an "Invert" button to allow you to invert the selected realms.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.