Author Topic: Looking to emigrate soon  (Read 22875 times)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to emigrate soon
« Reply #30: February 20, 2012, 02:55:07 AM »
If you want combat come to the north, we have the majority of the Daimon troopleaders up here now.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: February 20, 2012, 03:08:24 AM »
Roughly a third of Thalmarkans are Heroes whose sword skills translate to increased CS (Theoretically).

So roughly a third of the Thalmarkinians are training in the academy and I just keep paying for all those units...  ;D

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: February 20, 2012, 04:30:42 AM »
Proof that Riombarans are filthy liars.

This is an invasion. If you want to train as an infil, you are thinking of the wrong continent. Rio will be dead long before you could do anything of use as an infil.

Which realm can assure me a good income quickly, and then access to combat within two days? I'd like to make this character an infil eventually, and I plan on needing that honor...

Yes, Rio can!

I see the second question as a reformulation of the first. Gold and battle were asked for the sake of being an infiltrator.

Or, which realm would be willing to support an infil in training? Yet another good question I suppose...

If I had wanted to answer the second question I'd have written "Yes, Riombara would".
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: February 20, 2012, 04:53:03 AM »
So roughly a third of the Thalmarkinians are training in the academy and I just keep paying for all those units...  ;D

Your tax dollars at work! "But if we have a surplus, he won't give us as much next week...!"
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: February 20, 2012, 05:14:28 AM »
Roughly a third of Thalmarkans are Heroes whose sword skills translate to increased CS (Theoretically).

Are you sure about the CS boost? When I became a hero my displayed CS certainly didn't increase, and I can't recall it increasing when I was training sword fighting either.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: February 20, 2012, 08:24:57 AM »
I'm really not, but it's implied in the wiki and I'm fairly positive the CS of my lone hero's unit went up by around 20 after she recently trained and improved swordsmanship. Special Forces, though, so that's a really small percentage of the total CS.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: February 21, 2012, 02:40:32 AM »
You could come to Fronen, but the realm is pretty quiet unfortunately. We got housed before the invasion and some of the old timers like Carnes and Carmel just kind of faded into the background a bit. They're still around but don't say much anymore. On the other hand, Fronen is in a precarious diplomatic position and being bullied shamelessly by Old Grehk. They took advantage of the Invasion to steal Wudenkin from us and very likely have no intention of giving it back despite saying they would. High potential for future wars that are likely to be at long odds in valiant defense against a more powerful aggressor. Also, anyone taking an interest in things is likely to get promotions and what not very quickly. I'm definitely on the lookout for someone with a bit of drive and ambition to get involved in Marshaling and hopefully win a seat in the Senate as well.

Assuming any of us survive the Invasion, that is.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: February 21, 2012, 03:11:40 AM »
They took advantage of the Invasion to steal Wudenkin from us and very likely have no intention of giving it back despite saying they would.

Hah. My char in Thal better doesn't find out about that. OG is losing credit by the day... reminds me of /someone/ last invasion. Didn't end so well.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #38: February 21, 2012, 03:20:43 AM »
They took advantage of the Invasion to steal Wudenkin from us and very likely have no intention of giving it back despite saying they would.

That would be why Malos has had to give up his estate in Wudenkin, then.  ::)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #39: February 21, 2012, 03:38:41 AM »
Hah. My char in Thal better doesn't find out about that. OG is losing credit by the day... reminds me of /someone/ last invasion. Didn't end so well.
Because we have been the defenders of the North we are losing credit by the day?  We have been chasing the damned daimons around since before the North and South were cut off.  We chased them away from Thalmarkin and we have been battling them in Nothoi.  If you would rather us act as Fronen and its allies did and ally with the invaders, please say so.   

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: February 21, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
Because we have been the defenders of the North we are losing credit by the day?  We have been chasing the damned daimons around since before the North and South were cut off.  We chased them away from Thalmarkin and we have been battling them in Nothoi.  If you would rather us act as Fronen and its allies did and ally with the invaders, please say so.

Sint also took Gethsemene while it was rogue during the third invasion, it didn't give them any entitlement to the region in my opinion, as you well know. ;)
Anyway, if OG keeps her word, there is no credit lost, if you don't, well then you don't have to be surprised about it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: February 21, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »

We only allied with the daimons because Riombara was running after the monsters to help them destroy us.

Of course, Rio are your allies, so it's okay for them.

It's also okay that your allies Sint used the daimons against others two invasions ago. These were bad people, right?

And Melhed who allied the undead and threatened their neighbours to do the same or else? They are northerners, they must be good.

But Enweil allying the daimons for the sole purpose of fighting monsters? Blasphemy! Oh! The great evil that cannot be pardoned!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: February 21, 2012, 03:32:19 PM »
And Melhed who allied the undead and threatened their neighbours to do the same or else? They are northerners, they must be good.

Melhed was forced into that alliance against many protests. The ruler had to step down, and then, thanks to the Senate, Thalmarkin and Melhed had such strained relations, we almost went to war.

Fortunately, Shae ran unopposed and took over on the promise that she'd disband the Senate, something Soren couldn't do. Then Soren came back a couple of elections later, and was free to do as he pleased. Now relations are much better, even if Soren's a bit crazy. :P
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: February 21, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »

To my knowledge, and I have been around since before the Fourth Invasion, Fronen has never allied with or made agreements with Invaders. Ever. Under any circumstances. Which is more than some of the realms that constantly accuse it of doing so can say.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: February 21, 2012, 05:36:57 PM »
That would be why Malos has had to give up his estate in Wudenkin, then.  ::)

Well, we'll see. My instinct tells me that King Michael is intentionally dragging things out, as he has been making excuses continuously for why he can't come to Wudenkin since the deadline passed. Some of them are reasonable, but others have not been. I naturally assume that this is because ultimately he doesn't plan to give it back at all. Then again, maybe he's just trying to squeeze a little extra gold out of it before he's forced to return it. Either way he's not really acting in good faith, which leads me to question his intentions.