Author Topic: Looking to emigrate soon  (Read 22865 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Looking to emigrate soon
« Topic Start: February 18, 2012, 08:55:20 PM »
Okay, I'm gonna let you guys give me a breakdown of why your realms are better than your competitors or allies. Don't you feel lucky?!?

I'll be emigrating my character from hammarsett, and looking for a good chance at wealth, fame, glory, and the other usual noble accoutrements.

So, spiel away my friends!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to emigrate soon
« Reply #1: February 18, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »
Thalmarkin of course.

There's gold, there's glory, there's a massive well-sponsored mobile force. There might not be the most opportunity for advancement at the moment with most positions filled with good people but all positions are elected and the general is elected monthly so there's no nepotism there and you can always give it a go against our current general... ;)
We've also got roughly half of our entire nobility in the extended council so it's not /that/ hard to get more involved if you show promise.

We proud ourselves in our hardliner anti-invader stances and military prowess, not to mention our supernatural drinking capabilities.

Oh and our capital is pretty much right next to the blight, so even if they don't stay for long, we're always close to the action and often first to chase. :)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #2: February 18, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »
Join Old Grehk.  We're large, have one of the largest and most sustainable armies on the continent, and frankly, due to our middle location and lack of border with the Blight, assuming BT survives we're in the most likely position to expand.  Either into the territories of fallen allies (which we hope isn't the case) or into Fronen assuming they survive.  People also have a tendency of rising faster in OG than many of our neighboring realms.

We've also been able to fight off two former allies backstabbing us and joining Fronen in their hunger for our lands.  Only reason Thalmarkin exists now is because OG and Melhed let it exist!

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: February 18, 2012, 10:09:21 PM »
Don't join OG. Join Thalmarkin. OG is full of greedy self serving bastards! Ask any other realm what they've done when all other realms were fighting in the south!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 18, 2012, 10:12:41 PM »
Only reason Thalmarkin exists now is because OG and Melhed let it exist!

But who surrendered to the undead and who fought them till the end?  8)
That's pretty much the only reason OG and Melhed have had the opportunity to crush Thalmarkin at that particular time. ;)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #5: February 18, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »
We survived and I'd say it worked out -quite- well for us.  While Thalmarkin was begging us for land and food. :p

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 18, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »
Someone able to give an estimate on number of active nobles for those two realms?

I'm ambitious, as well I think you recall Lorgan, and am definitely looking for somewhere that promotion is possible.

Sorry for the interruption to the mudslinging, recommence!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #7: February 18, 2012, 11:46:04 PM »
Nothing like a good mudslinging between a former OG/Rio colony and one of its parents!

Both our realms have 35 nobles.  As for "active".  Depends what you define as such.  Mostly doing the talking/participating?  No more than 10 to 15 in OG.  And those are usually the ones spotted and either promoted or shunned, depending what they're saying!  The rest are quiet but mostly follow orders.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 19, 2012, 12:04:53 AM »
We survived and I'd say it worked out -quite- well for us.  While Thalmarkin was begging us for land and food. :p

It worked out good for us too. :) Soon we'll blow away the blight and we'll become as giant as Ar Agyr at it's height. We'd just need Vatrona... ;)
Actually the only ones for who it didn't work out well are Fronen and Enweil.

But I wouldn't call 30 gold/100 bushels begging exactly. It's not expensive but it's not exactly cheap either. And keep in mind that we were paying that price while having been driven back to only our capital /and/ still maintaining 17,000 CS on that city alone, 10,000 of that mobile.  Whenever the undead were away for a while, our army would retake a few of our regions. It really was an epic fight for survival and principles. We would've lost it if it wasn't for the Archons, that's very true but for one: the whole continent would probably have lost the fight if it wasn't for the Archons and two: we came out of it stronger, we waited our time then expanded and replaced the many, many good RCs we lost with captured better ones from Vore. :)
And then there were also the semi-regular shipments from Sint of 100 gold/1000 bushels. That is where the diplomatic outlook of the post invasion era was made. OG and Sint scored good points with us, Fronen scored bad points, so we went with Sint and OG after the invasion.

Anyway, as for active nobles... dunno... a whole bunch. We've got pretty damn good movement rates I hear so I assume we're doing ok there. :)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 19, 2012, 01:52:41 AM »
Nothoi has the most crazy/acre as well as being a borderline anarchy half the time.

It actually works better then you'd think and we love stomping around.  If you want good chances for crusades and war and glory, Nothoi is the most likely to give you the means to get stuck in constantly.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 19, 2012, 04:24:10 AM »
Fheuv'n: surrounded by blight, always kept busy by the rogues, and always on the fence about whether the daimons or Riombara are the greater evil.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 19, 2012, 04:47:41 AM »
Fheuv'n: surrounded by blight, always kept busy by the rogues, and always on the fence about whether the daimons or Riombara are the greater evil.

Switch "Riombara" and "Fheuv'n" one for the other in the previous phrase, and you've got Riombara's description.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 19, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »
Join Melhed! We're not the other guys!
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 19, 2012, 05:52:01 AM »
Well, seeing as Nothoi is the daimons next target, I'll wager you'll have some fun there.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 19, 2012, 08:48:06 AM »
All those Realms are just fighting Daimons, how boring! Join Riombara! Fight Daimons and Humans, anything that stands in our way!