Author Topic: Roleplaying  (Read 7564 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Roleplaying
« Reply #15: March 16, 2011, 07:57:17 PM »
Either send the roleplay without naming your assassination target, or send it just prior to performing the assassination, or send the RP's AFTER the assassination--possibly with the assistance of the judge, if you get caught. Most infils send the messages after the fact.

I assume you mean only write RPs about assassinations in which you got caught, which is a pretty good idea, albeit you write very few. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 16, 2011, 08:14:56 PM »
I never brag about the successful stabbings. At least not IG. :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Luegg

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 17, 2011, 12:05:14 AM »
I know it will never happen that knowledge from roleplays will not get abused. I dont even mind it that much.

My issue is that it is considered ok to know thoughts due to roleplay of a person thinking, on the OOC argument "Tom said so"
That is a kind of argument that could prevent a realm from dealing with this.

I would much rather have it: its NOT considered ok on the OOC argument "It says so in the WIKI"
At the same time being fully aware that no higher force except players themselves will enforce it. We can do it quite efficiently.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 17, 2011, 03:29:24 AM »
I know it will never happen that knowledge from roleplays will not get abused. I dont even mind it that much.

My issue is that it is considered ok to know thoughts due to roleplay of a person thinking, on the OOC argument "Tom said so"
That is a kind of argument that could prevent a realm from dealing with this.

I would much rather have it: its NOT considered ok on the OOC argument "It says so in the WIKI"
At the same time being fully aware that no higher force except players themselves will enforce it. We can do it quite efficiently.

This is already the case. Tom never stated that their are no IG repercussions from mixing OOC and IC in this way. His ruling is simply that he will not have the titans etc handle it OOC. Like Tim said, in a good RP realm the ruler or other powerful members will handle this sort of thing.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #19: March 17, 2011, 03:51:54 AM »
... and in other realms it will be readily "abused". Sometimes it may just be helpful to send things in private messages (or keep your rps for a later date when you cannot be harmed IC for them), and to get it clear with either the ruler or the realm first what someone could rp without people using it against you.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 13, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »
I think that RP is a lot more complex than to RP thoughts.
What is said in OOC *shouldn't* be used never by the characters, but we can't avoid this. I saw irc information being spread around IC as it were told by the char.
Thoughts, can never be known so as a description of something that happen far from everyone, but, many people just can't write well, some more can't interpret the writing even if it were from a good writer, and another bunch don't care for RP enough to not use it as a weapon or as a tool.

Another problem is about what should or should not be RP'd.
Why do one need to RP thoughts?
To make sure all the others understand that he/she didn't like it?
Thinking about this, I need to confess I did this once or twice.

If we think about why we are doing something, most of the times we will not do it.
RP is not different.
My advise would be: think twice on *why* you need to RP this or that to be sure is necessary for the understanding of your character.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."