Author Topic: Republic Ruler appointing himself as Duke and Lord?  (Read 17256 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Darren Psyche did the Investment and then tried to take control. Hvrek isn't a Priest any more last I checked.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Well, it's a double-edged sword any way. Now his investment is going straight to Riombara.

Can't he try again?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Can't he try again?

So long as he isn't wounded/Arrested. Having any unit in the region really hampers RTO's though, so maybe he has that to worry about.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Darren has been arrested now. Riombara has an unit in Melegra to guard the region. Any Priests that wander into that region will likely end up being arrested as well.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Actually,  RTOs again work again.  That's something I've watched on bugtracker for a long time.
RTO eh? How I wish I can direct transfer my priest to a religious war somewhere else. Her skill will come in demand~~
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
RTO eh? How I wish I can direct transfer my priest to a religious war somewhere else. Her skill will come in demand~~

The Way could use more priests...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The Way could use more priests...
Where is The Way located? Which island and realm is that? :o
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
The Church of Humanity always needs more priests (both on Beluaterra and EC), though we only would do RTOs against daimon cults/daimon holdings on BT.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Where is The Way located? Which island and realm is that? :o

Fheuv'n, in Beluaterra.

We got founded recently, but we are making good progress.

The Church of Humanity always needs more priests (both on Beluaterra and EC), though we only would do RTOs against daimon cults/daimon holdings on BT.

Can't RTO the Netherworld. You can RTO other humans fine, however.

Zakilevo

RTOs never go well... once you start using a religions as a tool of war, they usual end up getting smashed. Like the Flow from Fontan...

I thought the dev team got rid of RTOs for the new TO system?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
RTOs never go well... once you start using a religions as a tool of war, they usual end up getting smashed. Like the Flow from Fontan...

I've used religion to good effect, and seen others to so as well.

It's all about context.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

No, there never was such a thing as an "RTO." That's just the colloquial name for the Declare Religious State option for priests.

It has never had anything to do with the takeover code, and I'm growing increasingly convinced that it needs a nerf.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
No, there never was such a thing as an "RTO." That's just the colloquial name for the Declare Religious State option for priests.

It has never had anything to do with the takeover code, and I'm growing increasingly convinced that it needs a nerf.

I've always wondered why Autodafe requires a temple of a certain level, yet there is not requirement to have a temple in the region for declaring a religious state. Troops of any kind make RTO's rather difficult, and there is the loyalty restriction, but I think requiring a temple of the religion might be a good thing as well.

There were bugs with it to start with. Looks like its all been fixed now.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I've always wondered why Autodafe requires a temple of a certain level, yet there is not requirement to have a temple in the region for declaring a religious state. Troops of any kind make RTO's rather difficult, and there is the loyalty restriction, but I think requiring a temple of the religion might be a good thing as well.

May as well scrap the option altogether, while you are at it.

It can only be declared by an elder in a region with 80% following. It's pretty darn difficult to have 80% following in your own regions, never mind enemy regions.

Religion spread is easy to fend off. Maybe not the first 40%, but it's rather easy to keep no higher than that. If you let foreigners control your peasants like this, you deserve to be at their mercy.

Then there's other cases like Hvrek, where the other old faith died and he got a lot of lingering power over Riombaran regions. Suck it up. This is the result of Riombara giving great freedoms to the Order of Alluran for quite a while now, it wasn't done overnight. Be careful who you give such powers to.

This is, imo, the only way for religions to have any sort of tool to defend themselves. They deserve it. Without it, religions are defenseless. Because really, except for small depopulated regions, the only real targets for RTOs are long-time assets of the faith. It's not really a tool of aggression, but rather a tool to protect one's assets against realms and lords who can otherwise crush years of efforts with impunity by just clicking a few buttons.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
May as well scrap the option altogether, while you are at it.

It can only be declared by an elder in a region with 80% following. It's pretty darn difficult to have 80% following in your own regions, never mind enemy regions.

Religion spread is easy to fend off. Maybe not the first 40%, but it's rather easy to keep no higher than that. If you let foreigners control your peasants like this, you deserve to be at their mercy.

Then there's other cases like Hvrek, where the other old faith died and he got a lot of lingering power over Riombaran regions. Suck it up. This is the result of Riombara giving great freedoms to the Order of Alluran for quite a while now, it wasn't done overnight. Be careful who you give such powers to.

This is, imo, the only way for religions to have any sort of tool to defend themselves. They deserve it. Without it, religions are defenseless. Because really, except for small depopulated regions, the only real targets for RTOs are long-time assets of the faith. It's not really a tool of aggression, but rather a tool to protect one's assets against realms and lords who can otherwise crush years of efforts with impunity by just clicking a few buttons.

You are doing it wrong then. On FEI I was quite happily RTOing regions held by an enemy theocracy.

But neglecting that, in general if the region has 80% followers, then it is DAMN likely to have a temple don't you think? If you don't have a temple there, then you really aren't that established in the region. Just my opinion. The main thing this would stop is using RTO's on depopulated rogue regions.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:51:17 AM by De-Legro »