Author Topic: The end of Ibladesh  (Read 15688 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
The end of Ibladesh
« Topic Start: February 27, 2012, 01:31:23 PM »
Even though my EC character is in Perdan, I just thought the final demise of such a long lasting and once powerful realm deserved at least a post on the forum in remembrance.

RIP Ibladesh. You fought bravely and you fought well.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The end of Ibladesh
« Reply #1: February 27, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »
When I first joined, just over 6 years ago, Perdan was in a fierce war with Ibladesh. I fondly remember Perdan's >40K CS army sitting in Ibladesh city, looting it for three or 4 days straight. It's kind of odd that nearly 5 years after that, my character missed seeing the death of Ibladesh, having been killed in the opening skirmishes of the war she declared.  :(

But, hey: Go go Atanamir! Nice dedication to the new forts in Castle Ubent. :P You have to send me a copy so I can post it on my wiki page.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 27, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »
It is nice to see players paying their respect to Ibladesh. For me it was a very important realm since I've made some of my first successful characters there and I've devoted much time to Ibladesh in the last 3 years. I think Ibladesh gave a lot of good stuff to EC, especially in terms of war. Ibbies were the best enemy there is and Perdan-Ibladesh wars have been more or less constant for many years. In BM it is actually hard to find a good enemy, and I think Perdan and the rest of the continent will now have a harder time finding such a foe. It will be definitely interesting to observe how will the political situation of EC evolve from now on, and what will the two new Ibby split-offs do. As for Ibladesh, I am sorry to see it gone, but heck, it is all a part of the rich history of East Continent.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 27, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »
This war and it's prelude has, in my opinion, earned itself a place amongst the most epic stories of BM.

How Ibladesh managed to subjugate it's nemesis Itorunt after countless wars, in fact stealing it's ally Caligus, and then rose to become the largest, richest realm I've ever seen, turning on Caligus out of thirst for heathen blood and imperial conquest only to see it's power crumble and it's star fade in what often seemed like an endless war was truly tragic and oh so epic.
We went into the war out for the destruction of Perdan and Caligus and we paid with our Church and Empire and it was all worth it just for a chance for victory. If victory had come... I don't think we could've been stopped anymore. EC would've become an endless war of Ibladesh vs. Sirion and it would've been, again, epic. :)

Now the end has come, I'm glad I was part of it for practically the entire war.

Praise Tersea!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 27, 2012, 10:24:30 PM »
Yeah, it was a great story. Kudos to Ibladesh for trying to RTO the entire island. It wasn't the idea that was bad, just the planning/execution. OOC it is a bit sad to see Ibladesh die, even if IC my character would have been happy. If those accursed robe-wearing Ibby's hadn't killed her!  >:( ;D

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: February 27, 2012, 11:30:47 PM »
Now only Sirion is the biggest and wealthiest realm on EC muwhahahaha!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #6: February 28, 2012, 03:35:21 AM »
Ibby made the mistake of reaching out to Fontan as a northern ally when in truth they should have focused on Sirion all along.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: February 28, 2012, 03:42:36 AM »
Because Sirion was allied with Caligus at the moment. That is why they went for Fontan and SoA.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #8: February 28, 2012, 03:47:09 AM »
Alliances shift and change all the time.  Besides, they should have been courting Sirion long before Caligius ended their war with Sirion.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 28, 2012, 04:06:35 AM »
Ibladesh could not have broken Sirion away from Caligus. Not that talking isn't a good thing. But there are some things that just aren't going to happen, no matter how hard you try. Besides, at the time Fontan wasn't doing too bad. It was Caligus' attack an Fontan city that really broke Fontans back.

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: February 28, 2012, 05:45:43 AM »
Uh no. Caligus didn't attack the city. We attacked first then they attacked to claim it. At least they took the city so we could move on to the next target.

Ibladesh didn't even bother to be friendly with Sirion. After they beat down Perdan they got too cocky to even befriend any other realm.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 28, 2012, 06:13:20 AM »
Uh no. Caligus didn't attack the city. We attacked first then they attacked to claim it. At least they took the city so we could move on to the next target.

Ibladesh didn't even bother to be friendly with Sirion. After they beat down Perdan they got too cocky to even befriend any other realm.

To befriend Sirion may have well been seen as to abandon their current ally of Fontan. Perhaps they thought such an act was ignoble.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 28, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »
The simple fact of the matter Ibladesh could not win on a to front war against two powerhouse realms and really if Ibladesh could have gotten Westmoor to attack Perdan from behind. The war would have turned out quite differently.

No offense to players in Caligus but Perdan had a vastly stronger military then Caligus but Ibladesh choose to ignore Perdan at the beginning of the war and keep claiming they did not need to bother with Perdan because DOA could take us. That was a fatal mistake they allowed for us in Perdan to build up our strength and without worrying about looting in our regions we could focus all our efforts on DOA and after we killed DOA Ibladesh had no chance Perdan was just to strong for them to win against  us and fight Caligus at the same time   
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:16:50 PM by Creed »

Chaotrance13

« Reply #13: February 28, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
The simple fact of the matter Ibladesh could not win on a to front war against two powerhouse realms and really if Ibladesh could have gotten Westmoor to attack Perdan from behind. The war would have turned out quite differently.

Westmoor have had other issues to deal with. Like Fontan/Sirion. At least in the time I've been there - someone else would be more qualified to comment about further back than my nine months or so in the game.

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: February 28, 2012, 11:15:21 PM »
Westmoor attacked northern regions of Caligus. Sirion attacked Westmoor's mobile forces several times. We were keeping all three northern realms busy :)