Author Topic: Bad reputation  (Read 2920 times)

Zakilevo

Bad reputation
« Topic Start: February 27, 2012, 07:46:53 PM »
Instead of making infiltrators lose honour and prestige whenever they are discovered,

why don't we make them gain bad reputation or infamy points? This way, new people can also see how notorious someone is. Also, make people gain negative reputation through doing fearful actions during a TO or using black markets?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Bad reputation
« Reply #1: February 27, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »
why don't we make them gain bad reputation or infamy points? This way, new people can also see how notorious someone is. Also, make people gain negative reputation through doing fearful actions during a TO or using black markets?

Because we don't have bad reputation or infamy points.

This has been discussed several times, and it hasn't exactly been rejected, I don't think, but it's not on our list of top priorities.  Part of the problem is figuring out how to rebalance the stats if we add a third that specifically handles the negative side.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 27, 2012, 07:54:13 PM »
Tom tried to add something like that before. Remember the reputation pie charts? :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 27, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »
I thought that the infiltrator class was being reworked anyway.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 27, 2012, 08:08:27 PM »
Tom tried to add something like that before. Remember the reputation pie charts? :P

Oh wow, I remember that. Did it even get to a stage where those did something?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 27, 2012, 10:02:37 PM »
They actually worked. As in the actions that you took affected your personal pie chart. But I don't think that anyone else could ever see your pie chart. And there weren't that many different things that would affect it. The system got scrapped before it could really get moving.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 01, 2012, 02:15:56 AM »
Meh. Am thinking of having an infiltrator. Not until the new system and change implemented anyway  ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 09, 2012, 07:27:02 AM »
Bad reputation could be handled differently. You could do it somewhat like we now have with the medals. You send a message, and someone tags it with infamy, and after some time you receive an infamy point for your character. If you give someone else an infamy mark, the previous marks given dilute a little. The more you give them, the less effective they become.

Immediately one could think of fame points as well with similar functionality.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 09, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »
It would be best to continue this discussion over in this new thread:
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2106.0.html