Author Topic: Maroccidens!  (Read 22132 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Maroccidens!
« Topic Start: March 16, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »
I figured I would start a forum for discussion based specifically on events in Maroccidens (that is, the southwest region of Dwilight).

For starters, anyone here part of the new realm Barca? One of my characters is part of Terran, but his responsibilities lie mostly in northern Terran so isn't directly involved with the colony attempt at all.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Maroccidens!
« Reply #1: March 16, 2011, 01:41:21 PM »
There are lots of monsters. I think that summarizes that area well.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 16, 2011, 03:25:27 PM »
Monsters. just. won't. stop. coming. At least they are keeping us busy....

But we are proud of our little Maroccidens, that's for sure. :)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 16, 2011, 04:05:30 PM »
I have heard this term before, are Asylonians considered Maroccidens peoples or is it Terran and south?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 16, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »
Read on it here:
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dwilight/Maroccidens

It includes the cities of Paisly, Chesney, Candiels, Rettleville, and Twainville, as well as the large townslands of Wurzburg and Evanburg

I believe Hireshmont coined the term, but I'm not sure. My character has started to happily use it though.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 16, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »
I guess we are 'Echiuraens' wich I guess would be the midlands between Terran and Caerwyn.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #6: March 16, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »
You really can call yourselves whatever you want. If it sounds alright, then maybe more people might use it. But in the end, there's no official "region designation", so if Asylon disappears and whatever replaces them calls the region "Reallywest" then it's about just as official as whatever is used now.

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 16, 2011, 04:30:58 PM »
I guess we are 'Echiuraens' wich I guess would be the midlands between Terran and Caerwyn.

The Zuma hold that there were a bunch of tribes the correlate with the region names, not necessarily any overarching name for the people. But, if you wanted to name the lake we are surrounding, I think that would go a long way in determining the people group.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 16, 2011, 11:55:13 PM »
But, if you wanted to name the lake we are surrounding, I think that would go a long way in determining the people group.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dwilight/Geographic_Features

You mean the Silent Rush? It's a gulf, not a lake.  ;D

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 17, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »
Noroccidens? Or the Rushians...lol
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:26:13 AM by Glaumring »

cjnodell

« Reply #10: March 17, 2011, 02:11:45 PM »
Barca has been slow going. I am still hopeful, but it has been a real struggle so far...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #11: March 17, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »
That's expected for the area and the numbers you have so far. The regions are pretty bad in terms of gold income, and the forests seem to be rife with monsters. Food at least wouldn't be a problem, if it weren't for the fact that most of it is going ultimately into the monsters' stomachs. At least you guys didn't get burned to a crisp, so hey, that's a good thing.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 18, 2011, 06:58:40 AM »
Maroccidens is basically the area south of the Zuma and the Root River.

I have taken to calling the region between the Via Mountains and Maroccidens by the name of Mesoccidens.

The area above that is just "Caerwyn."

I am glad that Maroccidens has caught on as a term; I'm hoping other terms catch on too.

With Asylon expanding to Koshtlom, Terran starting to stabilize after the post-colony shocks, and D'Hara resurgent, it'll still be a hard winter, but next summer should be very fun. I suspect that by next autumn, most of Mesoccidens will be settled by Terran and Asylon (assuming Caerwyn doesn't completely collapse into a mess of monsters and undead and the Zuma don't get feisty), while I have high hopes that Barca will be able to expand given how heavily invested in its success Terran and D'Hara are; and if Terran's north gets more and more stable, we should be able to help Barca more.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 19, 2011, 11:59:29 AM »
Playing a Banker in this area is depressing. Every turn the game tells you exactly how many peasants starved to death in your realm today.
------
qui audet vincit

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 19, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »
Playing a Banker in this area is depressing. Every turn the game tells you exactly how many peasants starved to death in your realm today.

hah, very true. Who do you play?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner