Author Topic: Maroccidens!  (Read 22131 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Maroccidens!
« Reply #15: March 19, 2011, 04:38:23 PM »
Check his profile! He's D'Hara's Banker and he can enjoy seeing three Cities struggle. Well, four now ;)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 20, 2011, 01:40:51 AM »
Check his profile! He's D'Hara's Banker and he can enjoy seeing three Cities struggle. Well, four now ;)

I know that you mean we're working on securing more food sources, but this being Dwilight, my first thought went to: "What do you mean for now? Are the Zuma coming?! Oh gods!"  ;D
------
qui audet vincit

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 20, 2011, 03:55:08 AM »
I know that you mean we're working on securing more food sources, but this being Dwilight, my first thought went to: "What do you mean for now? Are the Zuma coming?! Oh gods!"  ;D

Just about wet myself on that one.

Is that TMI? It's probably TMI.

When the Zuma declared against Barca, I pretty much freaked out. Every so often I have those moments where it's like, "You know, if the Zuma came over Dragonsong right now, we'd pretty much be ruined." Then I offer up three prayers to the Triune, make the triangle sign, and do assorted other rituals.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

cjnodell

« Reply #18: March 21, 2011, 02:26:15 PM »
I was pretty surprised when the Zuma went off on Barca. I had honestly never heard of the Zuma before and suddenly they where on the war path. It was not a high point in my characters career to have been newly elected as Judge of Barca, then have to perform what he considered an unjust act and Ban Bowie just to keep these Zuma happy and give Barca even the slightest chance of surviving!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 21, 2011, 03:06:43 PM »
I think you may not understand the situation between Bowie and the Zuma...

He has, as I understand it, been deliberately provoking them for months now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 21, 2011, 03:20:21 PM »
Bowie has been deliberately provoking the entire continent for months now.

Just the Zuma are haughty enough to do something about it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 21, 2011, 05:41:10 PM »
For starters, anyone here part of the new realm Barca? One of my characters is part of Terran, but his responsibilities lie mostly in northern Terran so isn't directly involved with the colony attempt at all.

My character, Brackern, just paid them a visit :) A couple of people there who talk, otherwise not much...now onward and eastward!

I was pretty surprised when the Zuma went off on Barca. I had honestly never heard of the Zuma before and suddenly they where on the war path. It was not a high point in my characters career to have been newly elected as Judge of Barca, then have to perform what he considered an unjust act and Ban Bowie just to keep these Zuma happy and give Barca even the slightest chance of surviving!

I thought he was supposed to be killed though? I seem to recall my character getting a copy of a message stating that banishment would not be accepted.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:46:54 PM by Bael »

cjnodell

« Reply #22: March 21, 2011, 06:01:11 PM »
I am sure I do not fully understand what Bowie has done do rile the Zuma so much. I only know that he had been helpful and dependable during our colonization and had, at that point, done little against Barca itself.

I also remember them demanding his head, but Banishment seemed to appease them...

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: March 21, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »
Bowie has been antagonizing the Daimons way before Barca. The Daimons wanted his head and demanded immediate banishment, and that he be killed should he be captured. They wouldn't accept Asking him to Leave or letting him get off to allow him to escape without any risk.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 24, 2011, 04:36:11 PM »
That's why you should always do some basic research on old characters joining your realm. A quick glance at Bowie's history reveals a string of banishments for betrayal and other such shenanigans. Also, he's rather notorious on Dwilight for his antics. You should have known there was a fair chance of trouble with him at the center  :P

cjnodell

« Reply #25: March 25, 2011, 05:58:13 AM »
A lesson learned... It made for some excitement though. I never mind that.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26: March 29, 2011, 04:55:43 PM »
I knew what happened between the Zuma and Bowie. But I did not expected the Zuma to come and hunt him down. Disappointing..

They accepted his banishment though, because Bowie moved towards Zuma territory to challenge their leader. They captured him, but he escaped before they could execute him.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #27: March 29, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Disappointing? What did you think would happen?

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #28: March 31, 2011, 12:02:53 AM »
I came from the south-east.. and after the destruction of Giask I become a ruler next to the Zuma Coalition. I know that Bowie was deported because he provoked the Zuma with his daemon titles. But I did not expected that his presence alone was enough for the Zuma to go to war. I made him clear that I didn't wanted him to provoke the Zuma while a member of Barca, but he also did not had, or gave me the impression that the Zuma would hunt him down. Disappointing, because I had to banish Bowie...
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #29: March 31, 2011, 12:09:39 AM »
If all that happened was Bowie stayed low and didn't do anything to draw attention to himself, then all might have been well. He spent a few weeks in Terran without incident after all.

But let's review what happened in Barca. First, there was a new realm formed close to the Zuma. That would definitely draw some attention. Not a lot, but more than usual, which is to say, none. So for at least a few days, one would think Barca would be watched to see how the nearest realm to the south might develop. And here's where the mistake came. In this new realm, the closest to the Zuma's south, you made Bowie the duke of its one and only region. That, you see, was a mistake.

In the end, I think things turned out alright. The original "escape clause" was to have you execute Bowie yourself. Had Bowie not challenged the Zuma, thus opening another method of potentially killing him, Barca would most likely have been wiped. So lesson learned I guess is, the Zuma aren't nice friendly drinking buddies and their lands aren't places to take your family on picnics. They are scary, they are fierce, and they have very long memories.