Author Topic: Where's the war at?  (Read 7033 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Where's the war at?
« Reply #15: March 01, 2012, 10:00:46 AM »
It's impossible to determine by code who is winning. We tried it once.

The problem is that in many BM conflicts, it's already hard to determine who exactly is fighting whom. See the Colonies example from above.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 01, 2012, 10:33:29 AM »
The average H/P gain sounds good. Number of battles could work too, if they are weighed by the amount of participating units/soldiers?

Casualties would be interesting as well :)

egamma

« Reply #17: March 01, 2012, 03:54:30 PM »
My money is on Oritolon!

Hmm. Their longest-time ally? I know they're a bit of a drag, but I would guess the Assassins next.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 02, 2012, 01:26:20 AM »
My money is on Oritolon!
In the end, the dream is to unify and conquer the whole Colonies  ;)

Hmm. Their longest-time ally? I know they're a bit of a drag, but I would guess the Assassins next.
Yes, my character Ash know something about this  8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 02, 2012, 01:27:03 AM »
Well, i don't know. Its pretty objective to determine whether one side is winning, or its a current stalemate. I'd find it hard to argue against saying CE's faction on Atamara is slightly winning, but still highly stalemated.

Just as Pian en Luries is not going to deny that they are losing to Luria Nova and Solaria.

You'd be surprised. Riombara was all boasting about winning all the way 'till we reduced them to their capital, without us losing any region.

But hey, they were winning battles. Because that's what really matters, right? Who cares for the economy? Who cares if you've got nothing left but your capital? If you win battles, then you are clearly winning the war!

As for wars:

Beluaterra: All vs. Daimons. Fheuv'n vs. Rio vs. Fwuvoghor.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron