Author Topic: Where's the war at?  (Read 6940 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Where's the war at?
« Topic Start: February 29, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
So for some players who are looking to join a realm at war, I thought it would be helpful to list the continents and on-going wars. I will not list who is winning and who is losing, which realm is stronger than the other, or how active is the war. This is all for those players to research themselves. I will need help with the following continents as I don't have an active character there: Atamara, Colonies, and East Continent.

Atamara
Cagilan Empire, Tara, Coria, Talerium vs Eston, Darka, Barony of Makar, Minas Ithil, Hammarsett
Caergoth, Tara, Carelia vs Helmsdale

Beluaterra
The whole damned island is at war with the Daimons! However, the "North" (Fronen, Melhed, Old Grehk, Sint, Thalmarkin) is cut off from the "South" (Enweil, Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'n, New Riombara, and Riombara). The Daimons claim to be focusing on the North, but still anything could happen in the South.

Colonies
Lukon, Oriolton vs Minas Thalion
Outer Tilog, Assassins, Lukon vs Giblot

Dwilight
Aurvandil vs Madina
Luria Nova vs Grand Duchy of Fissoa
Solaria, Luria Nova vs Pian en Luries

Far East
Arcaea vs Arcachon
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:30:24 AM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Where's the war at?
« Reply #1: February 29, 2012, 09:30:02 PM »
Well, I would propose that you update the first post with the current war set up for each continent and those of us that play on others can just tell you what is going on where.

Atamara:
Major War: Cagilan Empire, Tara, Coria, Talerium vs Eston, Darka, Barony of Makar, Minas Ithil, Hammarsett
Minor War: Something to do with Helmsdale?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 29, 2012, 09:32:08 PM »
The Helmsdale war is Caergoth, Tara, and Carelia vs Helmsdale
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: February 29, 2012, 11:39:27 PM »
Ever since I put in the new statistics, I've wanted to add more factors that compare the game worlds, so players can find those where they are likely to have the most fun, depending on their style of playing.

So what would be a good measure for war? Number of battles? Size of battles? Casualties? Number of nobles involved in battles?

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 29, 2012, 11:42:21 PM »
So what would be a good measure for war? Number of battles? Size of battles? Casualties? Number of nobles involved in battles?

All.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 01, 2012, 01:24:40 AM »
Even though some people protest saying whether or not one realm is winning I kinda think it should be said because some people like being on the side that is the "underdog"/losing side which will likely be experienced players who want to challenge themselves, while a newbie isn't going to want to be on the side that will die right away. I can see how it would be hard sometimes to say and definently hard to code perhaps there  could be just people who edit that instead of it being coded in, also it would be best to not just say winning/losing/tying but to what severity. To make sure that people can't depend on that to know perhaps have them decide what to put and it waits 7 days to input it in to the statisics though you have one being sent each day so that you know the war situtation from 7 days ago. I understand if you don't want to do it as it would be a complicated and possibly to much work.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 01, 2012, 01:35:44 AM »
I imagine telling who's winning from stats alone would be difficult, and if we let the players say who's winning, we'll end up with 20-page threads of people from each side arguing. Nineteen of those pages would be from Chenier.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 01, 2012, 01:40:52 AM »
I imagine telling who's winning from stats alone would be difficult, and if we let the players say who's winning, we'll end up with 20-page threads of people from each side arguing. Nineteen of those pages would be from Chenier.

Well, i don't know. Its pretty objective to determine whether one side is winning, or its a current stalemate. I'd find it hard to argue against saying CE's faction on Atamara is slightly winning, but still highly stalemated.

Just as Pian en Luries is not going to deny that they are losing to Luria Nova and Solaria.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 01, 2012, 01:45:33 AM »
If we did this I would assume we have people designated for this job who can be trusted to not be biased or lie or anything and it would not be all players getting to choose, it would be a few chosen for the job who get to choose.
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 01, 2012, 01:49:47 AM »
If we did this I would assume we have people designated for this job who can be trusted to not be biased or lie or anything and it would not be all players getting to choose, it would be a few chosen for the job who get to choose.

No offense Penchant, but your statement shows your newness to the forums or at least inexperience in watching some of the discussions. Even those who have played the game the longest, and dedicated a lot to the game, can be very biased at times. (Myself included, even though I haven't exactly played the game as much as some).

But, in general I agree that we could still get a fair assessment of who is winning or losing a war by simple consensus.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 01, 2012, 02:09:35 AM »
Colonies
Lukon, Oritolon vs Giblot/Minas Thalion
Outer Tilog vs Giblot

Note: Minas Thalion is down to 1 city right now and about to go bust.

Disclaimer: Minas Thalion still can come back from dead if...... 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

egamma

« Reply #11: March 01, 2012, 04:02:19 AM »
Colonies
Lukon, Oritolon vs Giblot/Minas Thalion
Outer Tilog vs Giblot

Note: Minas Thalion is down to 1 city right now and about to go bust.

Disclaimer: Minas Thalion still can come back from dead if...... 8)

more correct:
Lukon, Oriolton vs Minas Thalion
Outer Tilog, Assassins, Lukon vs Giblot

Giblot and Minas Thalion is down to a single City each.

The question is, who will Lukon decide to attack next?

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 01, 2012, 04:55:44 AM »
The question is, who will Lukon decide to attack next?

My money is on Oritolon!

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 01, 2012, 05:32:21 AM »
Ever since I put in the new statistics, I've wanted to add more factors that compare the game worlds, so players can find those where they are likely to have the most fun, depending on their style of playing.

Number of battles most importantly as it will show how active that war has been if somehow combined with the number of days the war has been raging.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 01, 2012, 09:55:33 AM »

Average Honour/Prestige gained per week per character?
After all it's a roleplaying game.