Author Topic: Message Filter- private messages  (Read 3587 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Message Filter- private messages
« Topic Start: March 02, 2012, 03:14:22 PM »
It would be really cool if there was a filter for private messages. Now it's hard to sift through if you have a lot of messages, and particularly if you can't remember who sent you the letter... I don't know how it could be coded exactly, but it seems easy at face value.  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Message Filter- private messages
« Reply #1: March 02, 2012, 03:15:23 PM »
Agreed. I've had to look for private letters several times and there's no easy way to do so.

egamma

« Reply #2: March 02, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
+1.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 02, 2012, 05:34:17 PM »
Do a message search. Search for your character's name in in the recipient's list.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 02, 2012, 05:56:30 PM »

Do a message search. Search for your character's name in in the recipient's list.

Wouldn't that give you every message? your character is the recipient of every message that your character receives.
I usually just look for the messages that are bordered by the double lines on both sides.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 02, 2012, 06:06:38 PM »
No. Your character's name is not on the recipient list of most messages. They are generally sent to groups, like "all in realm" or "Military Council", etc. In these cases, there are no actual character names in the recipient list, just group names.

Trust me. Just try it, and see what happens.

egamma

« Reply #6: March 02, 2012, 07:34:10 PM »
No. Your character's name is not on the recipient list of most messages. They are generally sent to groups, like "all in realm" or "Military Council", etc. In these cases, there are no actual character names in the recipient list, just group names.

Trust me. Just try it, and see what happens.

Not bad, although it still has some non-private messages. I'll try to remember that.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 02, 2012, 08:18:24 PM »
A neat trick is to put the name of a council or group in the "recipient" box, and set it to search for both received and sent messages. That way you can seen the full exchange, including all of your own messages and all of the incoming messages, in a single interleaved series.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: March 02, 2012, 10:03:31 PM »
A neat trick is to put the name of a council or group in the "recipient" box, and set it to search for both received and sent messages. That way you can seen the full exchange, including all of your own messages and all of the incoming messages, in a single interleaved series.

These should really be documented somewhere other than just by word of mouth, since they are really awesome tricks. :D
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.