Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 172089 times)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The Crusade against SA
« Topic Start: March 16, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »
So... we got a big war on our hands. Caerwyn is attacking Astrum. Madina is all attacking SA. Averoth is trying to hold its own, and one of the brotherhood is distracted.

I really don't want this to turn into a OOC debate about justifications for the war. I just want to know what people think. So please keep things as objective as possible and don't insult realms or characters.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #1: March 16, 2011, 01:40:50 PM »
Sounds unexciting. There's nothing going on Madina's side.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 16, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
So... we got a big war on our hands. Caerwyn is attacking Astrum. Madina is all attacking SA. Averoth is trying to hold its own, and one of the brotherhood is distracted.

I really don't want this to turn into a OOC debate about justifications for the war. I just want to know what people think. So please keep things as objective as possible and don't insult realms or characters.

I guess this will make things in Madina quite more interesting in the future. I would say it was a good move on their side, this is hopefully going to revitalize a realm killed by boredom (or so it seems).

What sounds a bit strange are their military threats that, given the distance, are quite unlikely.

What's funny is that of all those who declared war on SA, no one declared war on Corsanctum. So long for the "hearth of the faith" :D

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: March 16, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »
Maybe they don't consider Corsanctum a threat? For that matter, did anyone declare war on Entai?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 16, 2011, 03:18:05 PM »
It will be an interesting war. I just wish that the declarations of war had some factual kernel of truth in them.  :-\
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 16, 2011, 03:22:02 PM »
Poor Corsanctum gets left out :) Morek Empire declared War on Entai, so I'm not sure if Madina and Caerwyn wants to fight them since they are the enemy of the enemy in the end. They haven't yet at least.

I know I've been busy writing letters today anyway.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 16, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »
This war will totaly depend on the cohesion of the church, who of the SA members will join what side.
If they stand as one body against the nations of freedom, the war will be quickly over.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 16, 2011, 03:23:48 PM »
Maybe they don't consider Corsanctum a threat? For that matter, did anyone declare war on Entai?

I believe Caerwyn sees Entai as an unwilling ally, and Entai probably feels the same. It could essentially go two and both are good for Entai. First, they could get support from Madina and Caerwyn, not directly but by means of keeping Corsanctum and Astrum busy. Or they could try and use this war to cause SA to join together, ignore their differences to deal with the external threat. ether way, their little rebellion might just stand given this new war.

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 16, 2011, 03:43:21 PM »
This clash SA-anti SA is going to be epic

In Morek we've hard times so this is going to balance the game even if I think Astrum is stronger than Caerwyn.

I didn't see rela reasons for Madina to step in, they could have RP a little better.

The war will be interesting even if I fear it'll resolve only on local conflicts due to the huge travel times.

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 16, 2011, 04:02:38 PM »
Isn't this an interesting self fulfilling prophecy? Non-SA realms have been afraid of SA for some time, thinking they want to rule the world. This, the fact that non-SA people think thus is true, but if that was SA's actual intent nobody outside of SA really knows (And please keep that debate elsewhere).

But with this war, the non SA realms are forcing SA to join together in an effort to combat this new threat. So essentially, if this war ends with SA having won, they will then be the world conquering religion the non-SA realms thought they were.  ;)

I think this will be quite interesting. 

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 16, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »
Yeah rather odd... You'd think if SA was the aggressor they would have started the war, the other side started the war by kind of shooting themselves in their own feet before it even got off the ground.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 16, 2011, 04:34:56 PM »
This is going to be very exciting, and probably the biggest war on the continent.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 16, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »
It will be an interesting war. I just wish that the declarations of war had some factual kernel of truth in them.  :-\

This kinda thing happens all the time on all the continents and I believe I've seen far too much information to not go to war. We all saw the first Brotherhood of Astrocracies which clearly allied against the "pagans" aka the free realms. Madina is a "free-realm" and I love how everyone underestimates them. Don't get all whiny when you get in the tough spot.. you're feeling the way Thulsoma did when the odds were against them. A taste of you're own medicine  ;)

Actually, Caerwyn did lower relations with them once we broke our Federation but we have to wait a few days before one can lower it again. As for Entai, only Morek.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:23:57 PM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

egamma

« Reply #13: March 16, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »
My ruler shared this, feel free to do with it what you will:

Letter from Baal Zephon Beldragos (4 hours, 49 minutes ago)
Message sent to the Rulers of Dwilight (16 recipients)
Attention all Rulers of Dwilight,

After I spoke out against the Brotherhood, I noticed there was no response from them in regards to hostile acts, words, or even Bounties posted against me for daring speak out against them and making them appease me by rewriting their Accord. This was very suspicious. In the past anyone who even looked at them wrong was turned into a State Enemy and mobbed. Yet nothing came from their camps but “is this good enough for you?” so I became cautious. The Brotherhood does not act this way to others.

I went along with their attempts at appeasing me and began to get reports of my actions seemingly from within Caerwyn. This meant someone was reporting back to the Brotherhood, we had a spy. I knew I could not act openly against the Brotherhood without alerting them to our true intentions so I concocted an act to fool them into thinking I was being submissive. Apparently it has worked for many of you also thought I was, according to the many reports I have heard as well as letters. It was hard to not defend myself when I knew it would only hurt Caerwyn’s one chance at striking against the Brotherhood.

I gathered those around me whom I trusted and knew for certain they were not the ones spying on the Realm, certain individuals in power that could do my moving for me while I drew attention to myself away from them. They would be my hands while I was the diversion.

I found out their plans. After destroying Averoth, the Brotherhood was to take care of their Beast problems in Astrum and get Darfax started, and then they plan to march to Golden Farrow and take the Capital of our Realm away from us as well as key food locations to feed the city. They were going to leave us with Itau as the capital of Caerwyn and then wait until they had enough SA Nobles to finish the push. Their goal is to plant a Duke in every city on Dwilight. That will not happen. Ever.

I expect the Brotherhood to try to claim these plans are not real, but I have heard them from three different sources to date and all three were virtually identical.

The dirty laundry being aired in Morek not only confirmed suspicions but also gives me the reason I needed to act.

After sending this message out, I will shatter all treaties and the Federation with Astrum. Caerwyn will be at War with the Brotherhood.

Those of you who are brave enough to join with us please contact Caerwyn, Averoth, or Medina.

For Freedom!

Baal Zephon Beldragos
Archon of Caerwyn, Earl of Itaufield, Marshal of the Heavy Strikers Group

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 16, 2011, 05:36:36 PM »
This kinda thing happens all the time on all the continents and I believe I've seen far too much information to not go to war.

Well, yes, obviously. I'm just wondering how much of it is true, and how much is just blatant propaganda. From the war declaration Baal sent, it seems as if most of the declaration is simply blatant fabrication. Yes, it does happen all the time. But for all the stuff SA has done, I'm surprised you had to actually make stuff up in order to justify the war, rather than use the stuff we really did.

We all saw the first Brotherhood of Astrocracies which clearly allied against the "pagans" aka the free realms. Madina is a "free-realm" and I love how everyone underestimates them. Don't get all whiny when you get in the tough spot.. you're feeling the way Thulsoma did when the odds were against them. A taste of you're own medicine  ;)

I'm not complaining about being in a tough spot. It will be an interesting war, and I hope we all have a lot of fun with it.

But the comparison to Thulsoma is a bit awkward. Thulsoma actively antagonized SA. Astrum has bent over backward to maintain friendly relations with Caerwyn.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.