Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 171898 times)

The Arch Saxon

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #30: March 17, 2011, 11:11:36 PM »
There may members of the OOC clan that ran Thulsoma in various realms spreading lies and misinformation as well. I hear the same lies being repeated often by our enemies, so I am willing to bet that someone out there is running a concerted campaign.

There is no OOC Clan in Thulsoma (I don't know why so many people get that impression) any misinformation and propaganda spread by Thulsoma, is done by careful networking and spies. But yeah, Thulsoma has been the progenitor for a lot of anti SA propaganda in just about every non SA realm. Of course, it all comes to fruition after we lose Storms Keep. That said, the massive continental war we've ginned up,  and the League Of Free Nations should be epic, and anyone who underestimates Madina's coming involvement shall be surprised.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: March 17, 2011, 11:51:43 PM »
There is no OOC Clan in Thulsoma (I don't know why so many people get that impression)

Let's see... suspicious amounts of newly created families with homes conveniently located in Storm's Keep/Storm's End, and later on in Valkyrja/Yggdramir... hm, you're right, no idea why people would think there's an OOC clan.

The Arch Saxon

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 18, 2011, 12:11:59 AM »
Let's see... suspicious amounts of newly created families with homes conveniently located in Storm's Keep/Storm's End, and later on in Valkyrja/Yggdramir... hm, you're right, no idea why people would think there's an OOC clan.

Because they lack creativity, and OOC Clan just so happens to be the laziest, and thus easiest conclusion to go to? Most of the family homes in Storms Keep, were manually moved to Storms Keep, when it became obvious our regions were obscenely poor by the standards sert by just about every other region in the game, I was going to move mine as well, till I ran out of time.  As for suspicious amount of new characters, are you taking the piss? Look at Sirion, look at Astrum, or Morek Empire, Thulsoma had a tiny percentage of new characters, and especially compared to the amount those realm get on a regular basis, Sirion imparticular, but when we got new characters, which was incredibly rare (I swear we got like ... 12-14 throughout the entire war) we made the effort to ensure they enjoyed the realm enough to stay, and of course, who wouldn't want to join Thulsoma? Our capital is called Storms Keep and we always had high levels of glory, which several have admitted was the main reason they chose us to go to straight away. I mean, compare Gaston, or Eidulb to Storms Keep, one name is obviously better and more interesting than the other, and so players will be more inclined to join one than the other, that said, by my marking, Astrum got many, many times more the number of new players (Which, I am sure is largely accountable to many more duchies they have)

Only a small amount were actually OOC Friends before Thulsoma, and most of those were friends I made in other realms, others became OOC friends in the progress, as anyone can tell you I'm notorious for OOC conversation with players.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 18, 2011, 01:13:11 AM »
You're mostly notorious for gaming the mechanics. It's not a compliment when the mechanics of certain parts of the game are changed simply to stop you from exploiting them.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: March 18, 2011, 01:29:30 AM »
I though he was notorious for getting realms wiped out, and then claiming it was all part of the plan for FUN.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 18, 2011, 02:08:39 AM »
Lets keep things civil guys, I really don't know about clans and such, but the start of this war is not disappointing. The ruler channel is aflame, and accusations are flying left and right. And Caerwyn, my goodness! they aren't pulling any punches on this one. This is just a hunch but I don't think they are interested in expanding as much as they are in making Astrum suffer.

If this was started by people from within SA, be it through plotting or by simply convincing Baal that SA was plotting (I favor the ladder), Caerwyn has essentially let everybody know that this war is not going to have a peaceful resolution. There is going to be a loser and now we get to find out who that loser will be.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: March 18, 2011, 02:15:04 AM »
Most of the family homes in Storms Keep, were manually moved to Storms Keep

I can say with some certainty that this is simply false.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: March 18, 2011, 02:16:18 AM »
That is probably cause they can't really expand. Caerwyn has long had issues holding the regions they do have. We will have to see how this pans out, like I said, nothing I have ever seen in Caerwyn suggests to me that they will make an effective fighting force, but they do have the advantage of two borders. Astrum of old was quite and effective military, it will be interesting to see what they can do now with their much larger resources.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: March 18, 2011, 03:18:26 AM »
Only a small amount were actually OOC Friends before Thulsoma, and most of those were friends I made in other realms, others became OOC friends in the progress, as anyone can tell you I'm notorious for OOC conversation with players.

All that means is your clan was small initially, and you grew it. Congratulations. Either way, there's no way Thulsoma (or Averoth for that matter) could have come up with the kind of forces they did without exploiting *something*. The last scout report of Yggdramir tells me there's 12k CS there, and Valkyrja has level 7 walls. In a realm with two to five (depending on the time frame) incredibly poor regions? Months ago when the war started they still had 10k CS. That's *absurd*. Obviously they couldn't get close to that with only their tax gold. If they could then why isn't Asylon rocking a huge army? So... Where is the rest of it coming from?

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: March 18, 2011, 03:40:53 AM »
Is there any way for other realms to send gold to a certain realm?

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: March 18, 2011, 03:44:08 AM »
Is there any way for other realms to send gold to a certain realm?

Yes there is. If a noble from another realm travels to the receiving realms capital, then he or she can transfer the gold they carry to that receiving realm. (I think that made sense)
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: March 18, 2011, 04:04:55 AM »
Yes there is. If a noble from another realm travels to the receiving realms capital, then he or she can transfer the gold they carry to that receiving realm. (I think that made sense)

Don't forget the fifty gold transfer fee (if you tell the game to send 300 gold, it'll send 250 and eat 50 for the transfer fee).
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: March 18, 2011, 05:13:01 AM »
Also don't forget that if they came from almost anywhere in the south they'd have to travel through Astrum to get to Averoth, unless they detoured through Corsanctum and Morek. Either way, they're traveling through a theocracy. Possible without us noticing? Yes. Somewhat unlikely though, particularly since the war began.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: March 18, 2011, 06:07:00 AM »
Also don't forget that if they came from almost anywhere in the south they'd have to travel through Astrum to get to Averoth, unless they detoured through Corsanctum and Morek. Either way, they're traveling through a theocracy. Possible without us noticing? Yes. Somewhat unlikely though, particularly since the war began.

That's what infiltrators are for  8)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: March 18, 2011, 06:08:55 AM »
ummm infiltrators aren't invisible, and haven't been for quite some time. Priest would be a better option, not invisible but quick to move.