Author Topic: Dropping Militia on Testing  (Read 6319 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping Militia on Testing
« Topic Start: March 04, 2012, 11:37:15 PM »
Tom is fine with opinons but when you said it was dumb he found it insulting. If you said you disagreed thats fine but you said the decision was stupid which is rather insulting.

I never said the decision was stupid or dumb. I said the situation/feature "seems kind of dumb." Then proceeded to ask a question regarding how it was implemented. These are two drastically different things. Perhaps I've spent too much time working with the intricacies of English, and I understand Tom isn't American, but there is a difference between intending an insult and wondering about the best way to implement something.

Something "seeming dumb" just means that I don't know everything I could about the decision made behind it. Something "being dumb" is saying that there is no way that a decision could be rationally made in that regard and that obviously whoever did it is dumb.

I guess this is just a widespread problem though, because I've also had a lot of people mistake things I've said in game. I have only assumed they are doing it on purpose because their characters don't like me, but perhaps I'm wrong.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."