Author Topic: Too Much Peace replaced by... Too Much War?  (Read 5398 times)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Too Much Peace replaced by... Too Much War?
« Reply #15: March 04, 2012, 10:14:46 PM »
I like it.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 04, 2012, 11:24:24 PM »
It wouldn't be that hard. Tim and I actually worked something out once that would adjust sympathies of regions to other realms, based on the predominant religion present each region, and the official views toward that religion. This was back when Westmoor and Ibladesh were federated, while the predominant religion in each realm considered the other religion to be evil. So, if Westmoor's regions followed CoH, and Ibladesh's followed CoI, then Westmoor's peasants should have an overall negative attitude toward Ibladesh, and resist being allied/federated to them. Given the information that is already available to the game, it's not hard to do. Tim whipped up a script to show it all in table form. From there it's just a matter of determining the magnitude of the effect desire.

Yes please!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 05, 2012, 04:12:32 AM »
It wouldn't be that hard. Tim and I actually worked something out once that would adjust sympathies of regions to other realms, based on the predominant religion present each region, and the official views toward that religion. This was back when Westmoor and Ibladesh were federated, while the predominant religion in each realm considered the other religion to be evil. So, if Westmoor's regions followed CoH, and Ibladesh's followed CoI, then Westmoor's peasants should have an overall negative attitude toward Ibladesh, and resist being allied/federated to them. Given the information that is already available to the game, it's not hard to do. Tim whipped up a script to show it all in table form. From there it's just a matter of determining the magnitude of the effect desire.

When you put it that way, then I guess it doesn't sound all that hard. What to do of pagans, though? And basing it on religion only would both seem abusable and non-representative (The realm on Evilstani used to loot our lands all the time, but hey, New Evilstani was just formed, and we had converted a lot of their peasants, so they must be great guys!).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 05, 2012, 04:33:39 AM »
The way I envisioned it was not that this would replace any existing system. Everything that happens now would stay there. This would be an additional layer on top of that. It also was not designed specifically to address the issue of newly formed realms.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 05, 2012, 05:41:28 AM »
I like this idea very much.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 06, 2012, 01:51:54 AM »
Yup, very good.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).