Author Topic: SF RC cap  (Read 28168 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
SF RC cap
« Topic Start: March 04, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »
(0019184)
Tom (administrator)
2012-03-04 19:08
good catch.

SFs have lower caps, but the code applied the limit wrongly. You should now get the correct message.

And yes, the max capacity is 25 for a size 3 SF center.

This brings up a few questions...

• What capacity will a level 1 and 2 SF centre have under this new system?
  • Will you reduce the price of SF RC enlargements?
  • Will SF centres be allowed a higher max level?
  • Have you changed the capacity of other centers?

If I need to pay over 1,000 gold for a max capacity of 25 - which is not even enough to replace one unit - I don't see why I would even want a good SF centre. They're already hard enough to come by now, you can't really aim for a SF centre, only waste hundreds of gold in the hope to get one, add to that their complete incapability of finding recruits and there's really nothing left appealing to them.

SF really aren't THAT special as to be worth this...

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: SF RC cap
« Reply #1: March 04, 2012, 09:40:22 PM »
I would tend to agree. 25 is very low as a max cap. I can understand them accumulating slowly and such, and them being rare to get. But due to all the costs involved, not being able to stock up even one unit's worth is kind of sad really. Especially after all the gold is spent to upgrade it to a level three center.

(Note: One of my characters exclusively uses SF, mainly because he's rich and funds their creation).
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: March 04, 2012, 10:55:18 PM »
They are supposed to be rare, troublesome and not easy to get.

But numbers are still being tweaked, so I might push them a little upwards. But don't expect too much.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 04, 2012, 11:09:42 PM »
They are supposed to be rare, troublesome and not easy to get.

But numbers are still being tweaked, so I might push them a little upwards. But don't expect too much.

They already are. What you're currently pushing essentially makes them disappear completely.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: March 05, 2012, 12:46:17 AM »
They already are. What you're currently pushing essentially makes them disappear completely.

Uh, that's not a new thing. The old code worked exactly like this. It just wasn't as transparent.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 05, 2012, 02:28:40 AM »
Uh, that's not a new thing. The old code worked exactly like this. It just wasn't as transparent.

Not really. In the old code the sizes of RCs were the same for all types of units. SF RCs filled slower, but at least they didn't stop filling at a meager 25 men if you had paid massive amounts of gold for their enlargement.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 05, 2012, 04:09:46 AM »
max 25/50/100 for normal rc?
sounds as if it's like 6/13/25 for sf? with refill at ?/3/4 per day? (10k pop townsland)

won't be too bad if it's 13/25/50.... or sf gets double the max levels at half the cost?

eg... instead of max 3 lvls @ 100/200/300 gold (not real numbers) for a townsland
you get 6 lvls @ 50/100/1 50/200/250/300   for say.. 10/20/30/40/50/60 max men or something along those lines?
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 05, 2012, 04:19:04 AM »
max 25/50/100 for normal rc?
sounds as if it's like 6/13/25 for sf? with refill at ?/3/4 per day? (10k pop townsland)

won't be too bad if it's 13/25/50.... or sf gets double the max levels at half the cost?

eg... instead of max 3 lvls @ 100/200/300 gold (not real numbers) for a townsland
you get 6 lvls @ 50/100/1 50/200/250/300   for say.. 10/20/30/40/50/60 max men or something along those lines?

Where did you get the RC costs? Cost for RC's are based on how many existing RC's are in the region Are you just talking about the base cost before any other RC's exist?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 05, 2012, 07:45:38 AM »
eh... the bit that says... not real numbers? and i don't mean mathematical real numbers... just some made up numbers to illustrate what i'm talking about?
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 05, 2012, 07:49:18 AM »
eh... the bit that says... not real numbers? and i don't mean mathematical real numbers... just some made up numbers to illustrate what i'm talking about?

I really don't see what this is supposed to fix? If the max recruits is too low we can bump that up without having to write code to make SF recruitment centers different to the others. What would be the advantage of the extra divergence of allowing SF recruitment centers to have a different max level then other RC's in the region?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 05, 2012, 08:04:18 AM »
In the old system my lvl 2 SF centers (max for a rural area) trained one recruit/day until getting to 50 recruits where it capped. Under the new system on Beluaterra they train 3/day until they reach 12 - 13 when recruitment stops and I have to spend days drafting to get it higher. I haven't noticed any difference in max cap when drafting though?
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 05, 2012, 09:18:38 AM »
I really don't see what this is supposed to fix? If the max recruits is too low we can bump that up without having to write code to make SF recruitment centers different to the others. What would be the advantage of the extra divergence of allowing SF recruitment centers to have a different max level then other RC's in the region?

...gold sink? XD more player effort?

---
or each RC can have X extension (instead of lvls)
each extension can do... one of the following: higher max capacity.. higher rate of recruitment.. (or something else... i don't know.. better equipment? training?)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:25:26 AM by fodder »
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #12: March 05, 2012, 09:45:04 AM »
or each RC can have X extension (instead of lvls)
each extension can do... one of the following: higher max capacity.. higher rate of recruitment.. (or something else... i don't know.. better equipment? training?)

Yeah, right. Because making things more complicated without any actual benefit is what we enjoy doing.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 05, 2012, 03:13:42 PM »

That's...definitely not true. The SF RC sizes were the same as all the other types. If they are not now, that's a big change that will not at all be welcomed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 05, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »
I am not a fan of the reduced maximum.  But we can give it a try.  I suppose this just means that if there are multiple nobles using the same SF RC they will need to refit in shifts.  It will only take a week for it to fill...