Author Topic: Representative election system  (Read 2042 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Representative election system
« Topic Start: March 08, 2012, 12:48:42 PM »
Hello,

Since on testing, with the new estate system, the allegiance of knights seem sometimes a bit broken/weird (like names not showing the allegiance, realm hierarchy not always correct and so on) I was wondering whether having an election voted by Lords (representative) or Dukes (representative) is still reliable or it doesn't work.

If someone had any experience with that it would be nice to know and, in case, report it.

cheers,

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Representative election system
« Reply #1: March 08, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »
I'm wondering if normal voting works. I didn'T check if the guy made a report for it yet, but in Fheuv'n lords only vote (representative) and despite the guy voting for himself as ruler, it showed him as having 0 votes at the end.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #2: March 08, 2012, 02:31:27 PM »
I think we use Lord (rep) voting in D'Hara and it seems to work fine...although, come to think of it, Lady Himoura should have voted for herself in the Paisland election...she had 0 votes as well. Perhaps she changed her mind about switching regions.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 08, 2012, 02:54:04 PM »
Hello,

Since on testing, with the new estate system, the allegiance of knights seem sometimes a bit broken/weird (like names not showing the allegiance, realm hierarchy not always correct and so on) I was wondering whether having an election voted by Lords (representative) or Dukes (representative) is still reliable or it doesn't work.

If someone had any experience with that it would be nice to know and, in case, report it.

cheers,

No, I would be very surprised if representative voting worked yet, given that it has no idea that the new estate system exists.

Getting the whole referendum system updated to work with the new code is my current project, however.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 10, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »
No, I would be very surprised if representative voting worked yet, given that it has no idea that the new estate system exists.

Getting the whole referendum system updated to work with the new code is my current project, however.

ok thanks delvin