Author Topic: Unified Geography  (Read 6547 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Unified Geography
« Reply #15: March 12, 2012, 07:15:18 AM »
Wow, it is amazing how different that makes that feel.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 12, 2012, 07:47:24 AM »
I don't have any problems with carbon copies as it is. What I'm saying, however, is that when showed on the same map, *then* it looks really bad.

As for Dwilight, you know there's snow in the south too, right? BT and AT are the farthest north, because these are the only continents with *permanent* snow. No other continents have tundras.

But we roleplay the north as having the coldest regions so if your rule of first roleplay applies that would but Dwilight in the north.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 12, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
No. Look at the maps. Cities, bridges, trees, etc. would be upside-down.

I hadn't considered these things. Dwi was made with copy-pasting, though, so I guess that could of been done to fix the issue. But then, you are right, it wouldn't be so trivial.

North is pretty much established as up, but I see east and west confused so often that I'm not sure flipping Dwilight horizontally would not actually conform with a majority of the RPs!

Really? I haven't... Indeed, I've seen West and East used abundantly (and correctly).

Wow, it is amazing how different that makes that feel.

Indeed, it does take little to make maps feel completely different.

But we roleplay the north as having the coldest regions so if your rule of first roleplay applies that would but Dwilight in the north.

Then northern hemisphere. Still more South then BT and AT, though. I'm thinking Madina could be at the equator. Or Luria, depending on how big the game world planet is (deserts are usually a little above and below the equator, not on it, and caused by cold streams in hot regions notably).

Not sure how the southerners RPed winters, I know I always saw D'Hara's weather to mostly be like Italy's.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 12, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
Not sure how the southerners RPed winters, I know I always saw D'Hara's weather to mostly be like Italy's.

Same with the Lurias. Madina I believe was a little more tropical.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 12, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »

Yeah, in Terran winters are often portrayed as more of a "wet and rainy" kind of thing.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)