Author Topic: Are monsters getting tougher?  (Read 2786 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Are monsters getting tougher?
« Topic Start: March 11, 2012, 04:06:09 PM »
I've noticed my adventurer character is having terrible luck with monsters. He can almost never find them, even in regions that are on the verge of forming a herd, when he does find them he almost always gets defeated.

He used to be a lot better at catching monsters and he doesn't seem to have this kind of problem fighting undead. So have monsters been modified to be harder to catch then undead?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Are monsters getting tougher?
« Reply #1: March 11, 2012, 06:09:37 PM »
I've noticed my adventurer character is having terrible luck with monsters. He can almost never find them, even in regions that are on the verge of forming a herd, when he does find them he almost always gets defeated.

He used to be a lot better at catching monsters and he doesn't seem to have this kind of problem fighting undead. So have monsters been modified to be harder to catch then undead?

Last I hunted, which was a while back, I could take down undead with ease but monsters would always nearly kill me. This was right before equipment came into play.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #2: March 11, 2012, 07:19:58 PM »

what level monsters, and what are your equipment and skill levels?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 11, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »

Sometime ago I had a bug with an adventurer of mine who left Summerdale and joined Terran, but the code never updated the change of home. Thus he got repeatedly beaten up by small groups for "not knowing the terrain" and "being far from home" even against #2 and #3 groups. Could that be happening? Pausing and unpausing the character seems to work in the case.

Also, when they are close to forming a horde they are usually tougher. If what you seek is diminish their strength then hunting some and then starting again from #1 is more effective (but you miss the chance to find alphas).
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 12, 2012, 07:52:11 AM »
I am getting that message actually. Its a bug?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 12, 2012, 10:55:35 AM »
If you are hunting in the realm you are part of, yes. Pause and unpause your character to solve it.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 12, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »
Oh, I'm not.

Still I seem to have infinitely better luck with undead then monsters, are undead just designed to be easier to find and kill then monsters?

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 12, 2012, 08:55:38 PM »
Speacking of monsters  I got my first rare item a few days ago and a really good one I might add: +6 prestige.