Author Topic: Realm Giving Away Regions  (Read 7265 times)

egamma

Re: Realm Giving Away Regions
« Reply #15: March 13, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »
If the ruler was already banned in the other realm, then yes, he could be executed if caught. But you would have to catch him first. There are a limited number of ways to capture a noble. The one that probably got the guy in your case was traveling in an enemy region (diplomatic status of War) without a unit. If he was traveling without a unit into a realm with which he was at war, then he deserved to be executed.

kinda strange to give a region to a realm you're at war with. seems a lot smarter to agree to peace first, then exchange the region.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 13, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »
If the ruler was already banned in the other realm, then yes, he could be executed if caught. But you would have to catch him first. There are a limited number of ways to capture a noble. The one that probably got the guy in your case was traveling in an enemy region (diplomatic status of War) without a unit. If he was traveling without a unit into a realm with which he was at war, then he deserved to be executed.

I believe the idea was that the judge could capture him or something?

He was never actually captured because he was afraid to go into the region.
kinda strange to give a region to a realm you're at war with. seems a lot smarter to agree to peace first, then exchange the region.

The point was to avoid war by handing over a region.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 13, 2012, 10:46:47 PM »
I believe the idea was that the judge could capture him or something?

He was never actually captured because he was afraid to go into the region.
The point was to avoid war by handing over a region.

As I explained to the Pianese Judge, there is no special mechanic for Judges to arrest anyone. IF you have the right diplomatic relations, then a noble without a unit has a chance of being captured when travelling through enemy lands. If the character was a priest you could also use the arrest priest option, which is available to police units. I can't remember what if any diplomatic stance is required for that option.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 13, 2012, 11:14:28 PM »
I can't remember what if any diplomatic stance is required for that option.

You can only arrest priests of realms you are a war with.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 13, 2012, 11:29:45 PM »
Or that are in your realm, which I am not extremely fond of.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 14, 2012, 01:50:26 AM »
Or that are in your realm, which I am not extremely fond of.
Just to be clear: You can arrest a priest who is a member of the same realm as you.

You cannot arrest any priest of a foreign realm unless you are at war with them, regardless of the location.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 14, 2012, 02:22:58 AM »
Just to be clear: You can arrest a priest who is a member of the same realm as you.

You cannot arrest any priest of a foreign realm unless you are at war with them, regardless of the location.

You cannot arrest foreign priests not in your own realm, right?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 14, 2012, 02:50:36 AM »
Ah, thank you Indirik I should have clarified.
JPierreD,
Correct
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: March 14, 2012, 03:44:23 AM »

Normally, you can only arrest a priest while you are a region owned by your own realm. It is a police action, and you can only do police actions in your own realm.

The one exception is a takeover. While you are running a takeover, you can arrest priests in that region.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 17, 2012, 08:28:36 PM »
Normally, you can only arrest a priest while you are a region owned by your own realm. It is a police action, and you can only do police actions in your own realm.

The one exception is a takeover. While you are running a takeover, you can arrest priests in that region.

A priest of either your realm or a realm you are at war with.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron