Author Topic: Second indochinese war, AKA, Vietnam War  (Read 5570 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Second indochinese war, AKA, Vietnam War
« Topic Start: March 14, 2012, 12:48:34 PM »
Technically Vietnam was a military victory, and a political defeat. The Vietcong were no longer an effective fighting force after the Tet offensive.

A defeated force that continues to manage to repel the viet minh is defeated? Despite ongoing illegal US bombing following the official retreat?

Victory depends on what you set as your objectives. The objectives here were to prevent the viet cong from forming a government. This obviously failed.

The only thing the US achieved was killing a lot of innocents and poisoning generations with their outright criminal use of chemicals.

If you want to talk about this in detail, Chenier, please make a thread for it. I'm not going to go in-depth about what was wrong with your statements in this thread, because that would be off-topic.

Anyways, I wonder what Asylon's relationship with Kabrinskia will turn out to be in the next few months.

Umm sorry to dredge this up again... But Vietnam was hardly beaten after the war with the states... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War

They had a war with China in 1979....

We do speak with Kabrinskia and Terran ever so often, mainly though Asylon only has time to maintain its huge kingdom and massive gold and food, our nobles are also too many to count at times so we spend hours doing headcounts and it takes a month to march from one end of Asylon to another. Playing in Asylon is like playing inside of a another entire map of Dwilight... Its just that involved and awesome compared to other realms...

*shakes head* I thought I had already asked that if someone had anything else to say about the subject they do so in the proper subforum, this thread is not that.

Do please enlighten us of this glorious American victory. Because clearly, they failed to prevent reunification, and the viet cong were still strong enough to defeat both the Red Khmers and the Chinese.

And if you consider this a victory, I guess you are implying that the USSR was victorious in Afghanistan as well, then?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron