Author Topic: Personal Prison  (Read 3037 times)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Personal Prison
« Topic Start: March 17, 2011, 12:21:15 AM »
I think this has been discussed before in the d-list, just bringing it up again.

Now that we know which unit is fighting who in battle and being able to know who capture who, nobles should be able to keep another prisoner in their own prison. Of course, the judge's prison should be vastly superior in being able to keep a prisoner than a regular knight's cage(or possibly estate if your nice). Anyone should be able to capture a noble and ransom them. However at lower levels your restricted in the ability to do things. So,

Knight's Prison: High escape chance, only action is to release prisoners
Lord's Prison: Medium escape chance due to having better funds for a dungeon. Should be able to take noble's gold and items.
Duke's prison: Low escape chance, but have the same amount of actions as a lord
Judge's Prison: Lowest escape chance. Of course, all actions are available.

I think you should also be able to transfer a prisoner to another person. So if want to say torture a noble, you'd have to send them to the judge in order to get that done. During this transit time, they would have a higher chance than regular to escape.

This will be more realistic in that everyone has a chance of capturing and possibly making some money ransoming nobles.

Thoughts?

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Personal Prison
« Reply #1: March 17, 2011, 12:26:23 AM »
There is a good reason why there is a judge who takes care of the taking gold, items, banning, deporting, executing.

If having these personal prisons addresses and improves on something that is currently lacking, then please explain what those shortcomings are. Otherwise, I think it is an unnecessary feature that complicates the game for everyone who has a unit with benefits that might not justify forcing every single player who takes a unit into battle to be alert about prisoners.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 17, 2011, 03:52:44 AM »
As someone who has played a Judge for one heck of a long time, I can honestly say that giving players even more chances to escape (before they even end up in the Judge's dungeon no less) would be even more frustrating then the high escape chances nobles already seem to have.

Personal squabbles aside, this does sound like it would just over-complicate the Judge and prison system too much.

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 18, 2011, 12:31:46 PM »
It would be pointless, even counter-productive.

Most players would know nothing about the feature, since captures in battle are rare enough as it is. I myself have captured maybe one noble in battle since the game started telling us who made the capture. In fact, knowledge of this feature (through in-game methods) would be less known than the hero bug that no one knew about for a year.

The Judge as we know it would become redundant. The whole point about having the government positions is to be able to give them power and authority. And by giving some of that power to everybody, forcibly, I think it would make far more people unhappy than happy.

Maxim

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 18, 2011, 11:39:51 PM »
I wouldn't say Pointless.

If anyone has ever played Mount and Blade : Warband (though a completely different game) - when you capture someone you get the choice to release them or take them prisoner and hold them for a ransom.

Releasing them gains you honour, ransoming them gains you gold. That could easily be brought into BM.

I think the idea does have some merits to it though.

An alternative would be that the Judge retains full powers, but the knight who captures them gets some of or all of the ransom money. Thats a bit more realistic atleast.
"Who are you .. and are you relevant?"